UJOR Build Thread

tgreening

Expedition Leader
I remember sweating this when I did my CJ-7. Spring over, 2-1/2" springs, 37s, roll cage, all the good stuff. I measured and measured and calculated and worried, over and over while doing the work. Game day came around and she rolled in with about 3/4" to spare. Happy Dance!

Jsweezy

Explorer
Chris - before I put the rear springs in I was thinking about replacing the bushings that come in them with the Poly kind (probably energy). Do you know which ones I would need and if it's worth it or not? I'm sure someone else has the same question so I figured I'd just ask here.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
No computer all weekend, had the kids and they wore me out.

Tire and lift size on the TX white xl pope-mobile, maybe I missed it? Just looks bigger than mine and I'm wondering if it's the front end sheet metal and bumper.

By the way. I have the 2004 w/ 6.0L but it's basic trim. Thinking about swapping a newer complete cabin onto my frame/engine/Ujoint to gain the "xlt" trim features and newer body.

Chris, do you see any road-blocks to this plan. Seems that it would be plug/play but manufacturer seem to have a less sane idea regarding common/ shared parts and connections.

37/13.50/17. 6" lift with fender mods. That swap could be easy, could be a major PITA.

Hi, wondering what the approximate roof height of an E350 with the UJOINT 6 inch lift and 35" tires is? Need to know if it'll fit in my garage. Thanks!

What the other guys said. I know that a 6" with our roof rack will fit under an 8' door.

Chris - before I put the rear springs in I was thinking about replacing the bushings that come in them with the Poly kind (probably energy). Do you know which ones I would need and if it's worth it or not? I'm sure someone else has the same question so I figured I'd just ask here.

No need, leave the bushings that come in the springs. You want some give with the leaf spring bushings.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Love these rigs!

13164481_1192441137441779_411787768030792514_n.jpg

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
A nice 7.3 out of SoCal that was just DeSalemKrogered out there with our kit. Thats a mouthful... 6" on 35s.

13173717_1191124614240098_7180383761396392590_n.jpg

skibum315

Explorer
I'm glad to see you've been keeping your shop (and yourself!) quite busy; and in fact, this thread is one of my regular reads on the forum ... so I suspect I already know the answer, but any more news on the NV front? I passed a blacked out one over the weekend and it had a full roof rack on it, I kept thinking how much better it would look with a few inches of lift and 3-4 more inches of tire ... ;) ... dare I say that I think their looks may be growing on me, long nose and all?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I'm glad to see you've been keeping your shop (and yourself!) quite busy; and in fact, this thread is one of my regular reads on the forum ... so I suspect I already know the answer, but any more news on the NV front? I passed a blacked out one over the weekend and it had a full roof rack on it, I kept thinking how much better it would look with a few inches of lift and 3-4 more inches of tire ... ;) ... dare I say that I think their looks may be growing on me, long nose and all?

Yes, for sure and thanks for monitoring the thread. No NV news, we only have room for one big project at a time and right now its AlphaVan. It will happen, just need to get one in here and start building!

pjpvi

Observer
Yes, for sure and thanks for monitoring the thread. No NV news, we only have room for one big project at a time and right now its AlphaVan. It will happen, just need to get one in here and start building!

A project I can't wait to see the results of. Still thinking a UJOR-NV may be the next vehicle for me.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Aft axle aux fuel tank for the Bigfoot is ready to bolt up. Aluminum, 35g, sending unit with gauge, transfer pump to the main tank. Will help that 460 get a little further down the road :)

13245325_1192925944059965_3550564620544020756_n.jpg

skibum315

Explorer
A project I can't wait to see the results of. Still thinking a UJOR-NV may be the next vehicle for me.
Agreed; x1000 on the first part, especially. For me the UJOR-NV is not likely the *next* vehicle unless it truly becomes a viable option in the next 6-8 months ... and I don't see that as particularly likely. More probable (for me) is that it's somewhere down the line, in a year or three, perhaps ... I'm also still waiting to see some info on whether Nissan North America is going to put the 5L Cummins in the van, and how it does in that application.

Corneilius

Adventurer
Aft axle aux fuel tank for the Bigfoot is ready to bolt up. Aluminum, 35g, sending unit with gauge, transfer pump to the main tank. Will help that 460 get a little further down the road :)

13245325_1192925944059965_3550564620544020756_n.jpg

Wow, looks great. How much? Will it fit my regular body?

slideways
A nice 7.3 out of SoCal that was just DeSalemKrogered out there with our kit. Thats a mouthful... 6" on 35s.

13173717_1191124614240098_7180383761396392590_n.jpg

1st question: Any idea what windows he has in the doors and back? I'm eyeballin' a V10 RB cargo real hard, and it's all sheet metal.

2nd question: When using a tuner on the V10, does it stay in the OBD2 port, or can I remove it to plug in a ScanGuage? What tuners/tunes do you prefer?

The wife and I will be in Asheville next month for a yoga retreat. I'd like to bring her by to see Shangri-La.

Wood Kutter

Observer
1st question: Any idea what windows he has in the doors and back? I'm eyeballin' a V10 RB cargo real hard, and it's all sheet metal.

2nd question: When using a tuner on the V10, does it stay in the OBD2 port, or can I remove it to plug in a ScanGuage? What tuners/tunes do you prefer?

The wife and I will be in Asheville next month for a yoga retreat. I'd like to bring her by to see Shangri-La.

I'm sure there are plenty of van window places out there, but I have used this place a few times. They even made me very small back windows for my Mog.... http://www.crlaurence.com/apps/cont...rlaurence.com/adv/Auto_Products/index_us.html

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Agreed; x1000 on the first part, especially. For me the UJOR-NV is not likely the *next* vehicle unless it truly becomes a viable option in the next 6-8 months ... and I don't see that as particularly likely. More probable (for me) is that it's somewhere down the line, in a year or three, perhaps ... I'm also still waiting to see some info on whether Nissan North America is going to put the 5L Cummins in the van, and how it does in that application.

Once I have the rig we're looking at ~ 2 months before its 4wd. Have to do some ABS testing/etc to spec the axle properly and I'm sure there will be some hurdles & head scratching. And yes, I'm still skeptical about the Cummins even though I've had both a Nissan guy AND a Cummins guy tell me its going to happen. Fingers crossed.....

Yes, CR laurence. The tuners we use for gas vans (5 Star) download to the OBD port, no problem with the Scangauge. Come on by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle