UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Your exhaust is already re routed right? We do it custom depending on how the van is equipped. Move the D side cat to the P side and make it fit. I like stock mufflers, quiet and no droning.

Jsweezy

Explorer
Your exhaust is already re routed right? We do it custom depending on how the van is equipped. Move the D side cat to the P side and make it fit. I like stock mufflers, quiet and no droning.

Yes it's already rerouted but the T joint where the drivers side connects to the Passengers side has to be creating some sort of blockage right?

Gravity

Observer
Chris, on my 6" kit that I am running on my EB 7.3 SMB I have the std Bilstein 5100's. Definitely wanting a little bit more rebound damping as my rig is pushing @11k lbs loaded up - question is there any difference in performance between the Std Fox 2.0s or the Fox 2.0 Res? The rears in particular feel like they 'porpoise' over bigger compressions on the road. Thx!

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader

Any difference in sound/performance between those equipped with a CAT vs without? Especially for a 7.3 diesel? Up here Newer ones had no CAT and older powerstrokes had one.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Chris, on my 6" kit that I am running on my EB 7.3 SMB I have the std Bilstein 5100's. Definitely wanting a little bit more rebound damping as my rig is pushing @11k lbs loaded up - question is there any difference in performance between the Std Fox 2.0s or the Fox 2.0 Res? The rears in particular feel like they 'porpoise' over bigger compressions on the road. Thx!

Those shocks will behave the same, the res shock will only be better when its being cycled a lot. I'm much happier with the Fox shocks than Bilstein.

Any difference in sound/performance between those equipped with a CAT vs without? Especially for a 7.3 diesel? Up here Newer ones had no CAT and older powerstrokes had one.

A bit, not much. May notice the turbo spooling up a bit quicker.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Tear it down, 7.3 going all the way.

13567102_1225784807440745_5334911994553602098_n.jpg

New arrival from Canada

13612246_1225319220820637_2857345327762777444_n.jpg

GNTY

Adventurer
Not sure how that Canadian one will make it back across the border after your done with it. Should be interesting.

Last edited:

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Border isn't the hard part. Safety inspections are the hard part... Don't require those here unless you piss off the cops.

GNTY

Adventurer
Agreed about the inspections but I've found the border to be the complete opposite. I get asked every time about any repairs or alterations and if you tell the truth when asked and you just had a conversion or even a lift installed you will not cross with that vehicle. I get asked all the time about the 4x4 and lift on my van when crossing back into Canada. I also have 3 buddies that are border officers and they have confirmed this. You can hope they don't ask you when you cross, but it's not worth the consequences if caught lying about it. Inspection will be the next hurdle. I know it's been done....but it wasn't legit.

packmule

Observer
Excuse the ignorance but why would inspections for a Ujoint van be different than a Clydesdale conversion done in Canada?

dar395

Adventurer
Back from a quick vacation up to NY and Maine, nice trip seeing family & friends. Now back to the grind!

Here's V7 at the Kings Park Psychiatric Center,(QUOTE]

This is a Urban Explorer dream stop! I think some only see the forest when overland is really the world as a whole, nice shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle