UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Love the way this 5.4 rig turned out. 4" coil conversion on 33s, Aluminess front & rear, Rigid Lights, nice murdered out little machine. Video and more pics tomorrow.

17309461_1479377192081504_1125144659289387468_n.jpg

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I forgot to post a pic of the newest member of the UJ fleet! This bad boy Focus RS!

17103563_10211659545782729_8504175840136969487_n.jpg

I'm in love, what a great car. The M3 is leaving us and going to a good home next week.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I don't have any 1st hand experience with these particular units but the build quality seems to be better than a standard Class C.

draaronr

Adventurer
I don't have any 1st hand experience with these particular units but the build quality seems to be better than a standard Class C.
THanks for the insight.
To me these make so much sense for long distance 2 people travel. Thats why I asked the questions in the other thread. The wife says a bath and shower are a must. I've seen some of the others that you've done and was wondering about durability.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
THanks for the insight.
To me these make so much sense for long distance 2 people travel. Thats why I asked the questions in the other thread. The wife says a bath and shower are a must. I've seen some of the others that you've done and was wondering about durability.

Bigfoots are one of the more solid ones. Look for fiberglass construction if you want something that will hold up and provide its own rigidity.

draaronr

Adventurer
Bigfoots are one of the more solid ones. Look for fiberglass construction if you want something that will hold up and provide its own rigidity.
thanks for that. I respect your opinion as it seems over the years you've researched and tried things on your trips. I am stuck between a nice classb/c or doing a fuso build. Just seems a 15 year old classB/C can be had for cheap and all set up relatively quickly and for a fair prices.

jjohnny350

Adventurer
Dang Chris, I've lusted after these things since they got announced a couple years ago. Hows the drift mode? Ford is doing so many cool things.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Those RS cars are really fantastic machines... I'm a bit jelly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its such a cool, car, I love it! Sticks and hauls ***.

Dang Chris, I've lusted after these things since they got announced a couple years ago. Hows the drift mode? Ford is doing so many cool things.

Me too. Then I drove one and my obsession got worse. I haven't messed with the drift mode yet, scared! Need to find a good location to try it out.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Another big boy! We now have 4 RVs here. Need a bigger shop...

17343013_1481140955238461_5385930473356515074_n.jpg

I've been posting short videos of the Dejavier to Facebook if you guys want to see what we've found. Thanks

another_mike

Adventurer
After spending a couple of weeks reading this entire thread (I really wish some of the older pictures were still visible!), and probably missing a few details, I have some further questions. As I post my plan, if anything seems seems off, please anyone bring it to my attention.

I picked up a 2006 V10 E350 standard body cargo and plan to do the 6" lift on 35's with coil conversion. I plan on sourcing the axles and transfer case on my own, but have yet to do this. I plan on sourcing a 99-05 NV271, 05-07 Sterling rear, and 05-newer Dana 60 coil front axle.

When sourcing the transfer case, do I have to worry about if the F250 had the same 5R110 transmission or not? I know NV271's in manual transmissions have different spline counts, but did the NV271's out of F250's of that year range come with a different automatic transmission which would not allow it to swap in?

Looks like the rotor sizes for the axle swap will be 13.66" front and 13.39" rear. I would have to use a 17" wheel minimum? What about backspacing/offset and width?

Looks like most with the V10 and 35's are using a 4.10 ratio? I dont plan on much towing.

A while back in this thread I saw a HS001 heat shield for the V10, but find no mention of it anymore. Is this something no longer used? How much of a change to the exhaust will be required? I saw mentioned moving the driver side cat to the passenger side. Is it a matter of replacing/moving everything from the manifolds back? Just trying to get a feel for how much work/money this portion will be for me.

The FF001 front frame support. Use this with coil conversion also if utilizing the factory bumper? or only with the leaf spring conversion?

What do you suggest for lining the factory tank after shortening? Anyone have experience with DIY products like Red-Kote? The possibility of a product flaking and clogging the fuel system does scare me.

Thanks is advance to Chris and anyone else that can answer these questions. Looking forward doing this build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12