UJOR Build Thread

Billhilly

Adventurer
Hey Chris,
The van is looking great. I'm guessing you (and a few others) are going to have a fantastic weekend.
When you get a minute I'd love to see a picture of your floating bag mount. I had brought a pair of Firestone bags to use for air bag assist but never used them because they were so limiting. The floating bottom mount sounds like just the ticket. Might get to use them after all!
Thanks.

Bill.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks! I'm excited, can't wait to get out there. Here's a pic of my bag setup, I'm no longer running the spacer. The bag isn't bolted to the bottom plate, enabling it to float.

Billhilly

Adventurer
Chris,
You musta not pushed one of the right buttons. No photo of bag setup. Thanks.

Wood Cutter, thanks. Interesting idea.

hobietony

Explorer
For you folks rounding up parts, this new transfer case is still around on the Tucson Craigslist

http://tucson.craigslist.org/pts/2985069712.html
5If5N55M13Ke3Le3Icc51a50a5e792e7b12c3.jpg

Not affiliated, bla, bla. Thought it may be of interest.

kccourtney

Observer
HPOP

Thanks! We're already changing the valve cover harness along with the injectors. My 7.3 guru & I were going back & forth on whether to change all of the o rings for the fuel & HPOP. This motor is SO clean, has NO signs of anything leaking, we're amazed. So the questions came up..... If it a'int broke......

Chris,
My fleet mechanic just replaced my HPOP seals and rings and the van runs poorly now, especially when first started up. No power and doesn't want to upshift when needed. Do you know what that's all about? Are there other things that need to be done when removing/replacing HPOP because he didn't do anthing other than replace seals to stop a leak. Thanks.

skot433

Observer
Love all the projects and am looking at a ujoint conversion for me 2001 e350, my van was a medical transport vehicle, it had a wheelchair lift in it and a 'lowered floor'...
any idea if the lowered floor will interfere with converting my van to 4x4..?

Wood Kutter

Observer
I don't think you will have a problem. I believe they put a body lift on it to make up for the lower floor, and the gastank should be in the rear, so You won't have to modify your stock tank to fit the transfer case.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Chris,
My fleet mechanic just replaced my HPOP seals and rings and the van runs poorly now, especially when first started up. No power and doesn't want to upshift when needed. Do you know what that's all about? Are there other things that need to be done when removing/replacing HPOP because he didn't do anthing other than replace seals to stop a leak. Thanks.

give it some time. You have air in the HPOP system. It will take some time to work out, as in 20 miles or so.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Love all the projects and am looking at a ujoint conversion for me 2001 e350, my van was a medical transport vehicle, it had a wheelchair lift in it and a 'lowered floor'...
any idea if the lowered floor will interfere with converting my van to 4x4..?

It shouldn't. The t-case shifter may be a bit tricky, but not a deal breaker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan