UJOR Build Thread

tk3

Re introduce our 8" lift with our new spring supplier, cut the body to fit 40s. Sliders, relocate the fuel tank, belly skid, glass delete, rear door delete, full cage, seats with 5 point harnesses, lockers, all of our 4x4 products.

Awesome news! I've been hoping that you'd venture into the slider/skid plate/roll cage direction one day. Hopefully what you learn can make its way into some off the shelf products. Keep up the great work!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Awesome news! I've been hoping that you'd venture into the slider/skid plate/roll cage direction one day. Hopefully what you learn can make its way into some off the shelf products. Keep up the great work!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Possibly! I really want to boat side the van but may just make some sliders to start. We've done lot a few times over the years but there are complications with the E series and a true slider.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I often get asked what is inside my van. Its STOCK and this is why! This is our all around family rig, I don't camp in it. Even with 1 full bench removed I can haul all of these kids (1 is my niece) and still have broom for 6 more!

343412943_1141456187254761_6121243314037497152_n.jpg

hoodzy

Now that the UHaul is done, I've been day dreaming about what is next. The only thing that gets me excited is something that has been on the back burner for years, a dedicated Offroad van to take in the woods and beat on. Uhwarriew, Windrock, etc. Take the kids out and run some gnarly trails with a full size van. Body damage is to be expected since most trails around here aren't full size friendly, my vans are too nice lol. Ran it by the guys last week, most of them agree with me (there's always one who doesn't) and then it went back on the back burner.

Yesterday morning I got an message from a local friend, BAM. Cheap van that meets the criteria perfectly! 06 5.4, 320k miles, transmission is shot, body isn't great, no rust, time to build a Vuggy! Here's the plan:

Re introduce our 8" lift with our new spring supplier, cut the body to fit 40s. Sliders, relocate the fuel tank, belly skid, glass delete, rear door delete, full cage, seats with 5 point harnesses, lockers, all of our 4x4 products. I'd like to boat side it but we'll see, may not be worth the effort. Will also be cool to run around town and bring the kids to school in of course, keep it street legal.

1st step is to gut stand give it a nice pressure wash!

341778013_616576243343805_1892597699977756647_n.jpg

I 100% support this project!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
CaliAmbo is mobile! Unique body style on this one. 6" on 33s, the usual stuff with some goodies.

344820985_1389939625178729_1379999454195067547_n.jpg

Coachman video!

OTyler

I've noticed it, not sure why. I've always posted photos the same way, insert the link from our FB page. Maybe someone smarter can fill me in ....
So I looked into these linked images disappearing (I am a Web Developer by day). Looks like you are copying the image urls from your facebook posts. Facebook rotates/changes the urls every couple days to prevent people from using their servers to host images which costs them money, so all of the image links will break after a couple of days.
I suggest either embedding the Facebook posts in your EP posts by clicking the 3 dots next to the Facebook post's title and clicking (embed post). But this forum, Expedition Portal, may not be configured/trusted by Facebook to embed posts.
Or, another option is to use your UJoint Offroad WordPress site to host the images there where the links won't expire. There is a way to upload image assets (without having to create a new post), then you can grab the url of the image and add them here without fear of them disappearing.
Or, the easiest option would be to upload the actual image files within the post editor when you are writing the posts so that they are hosted by expeditionportal and don't disappear.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
So I looked into these linked images disappearing (I am a Web Developer by day). Looks like you are copying the image urls from your facebook posts. Facebook rotates/changes the urls every couple days to prevent people from using their servers to host images which costs them money, so all of the image links will break after a couple of days.
I suggest either embedding the Facebook posts in your EP posts by clicking the 3 dots next to the Facebook post's title and clicking (embed post). But this forum, Expedition Portal, may not be configured/trusted by Facebook to embed posts.
Or, another option is to use your UJoint Offroad WordPress site to host the images there where the links won't expire. There is a way to upload image assets (without having to create a new post), then you can grab the url of the image and add them here without fear of them disappearing.
Or, the easiest option would be to upload the actual image files within the post editor when you are writing the posts so that they are hosted by expeditionportal and don't disappear.

Thanks!! Appreciate that.

Just what I needed, more work!

thescottgivens

OK Ujoint followers…I don’t want to derail this thread from all the goodies that Chris posts…I just need some opinions. I am having a hard time deciding on which van I should have Chris / Justin convert for me…need some opinions as I obviously can’t formulate my own! Maybe both someday..so which one first?

Van #1 (red) - 1996 RB 7.3 Diesel - 45k miles. Almost like new interior / exterior. Minor diesel problems. Eats batteries, cold start issues, has perpetual very minor leaking.

Van #2 (white) - 2010 RB v10 - 39k miles - Really good condition (prob not quite as good as the 96 if I am being honest). Needs some minor gutter rust cleaned up. Barn doors seem to rub a bit. Dash is great, everything else seems great.

IMG_1054.jpeg

HWY395ghost

What are you going to use it for and how much work will be commissioned to Chris?
We live Kali and worry about the eco cult war against diesel, therefore lean towards option 2. Chris did a full build on our 2010 5.4 E250 RB. It exceeds all of our expectations. Fuel mileage is only soft spot.
Barn door rub is likely an easy fix.

HWY395ghost

What are you going to use it for and how much work will be commissioned to Chris?
We live Kali and worry about the eco cult war against diesel, therefore lean towards option 2. Chris did a full build on our 2010 5.4 E250 RB. It exceeds all of our expectations. Fuel mileage is only soft spot.
Barn door rub is likely an easy fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12