UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
i had already been told to go to a 10 leaf pack for better rde on mine..... ride like a frikkin wooden wagon wheel on my stock ones
pm or email me, cris when you come up with 4 in. total price.....

Are you talking front or rear?

lstzephyr

wanderer
I used to work on ambulances and I always thought they would be an awesome setup for a camper.

I'm looking forward to V4!

Last edited:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
1st pic of my new trac bar setup for the crossover steering kits. All bolt on, and I'll have a d-side lower u-bolt plate too! No need to source them with the axles and it's all bolt on. (one rivet has to be removed from the engine x-member if you run single shocks)

599999_462072903811943_1287059359_n.jpg

Work continues on Vanasaurus! the front axle is in, tranny is back, and we'll have it on the ground tomorrow. Pulled the rear axle out for a full rebuild & an ARB locker, makes it a little easier!

375610_462203193798914_1126998015_n.jpg

Gvan

Observer
The kit looks nice. So you get both shock/top u bolt mounts? Which side does the frame piece go on left or right?
Whats that little square nut for? I dig the UJOR gear on the frame mount, nice touch. Will there be a dual shock and steering damper kits available too?

One more thing to add to my van shopping list, cool...

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks! yes, both upper u-bolt plates and I'll have a d side lower option too (we're still finalizing the design, it's quite complicated) The frame bracket uses the 2 lower steering box bolts (longer bolts will be provided) as well as the rivet hole between the coil bucket & engine x-member. The spacer is for this bolt. If you run the dual shock kit, this rivet has to come out anyway. If single shocks are kept with the stock coil bucket you just blast out that rivet to mount the trac bar bracket. The u-bolt plates will take single or dual shocks.

Gvan

Observer
I am thinking I might change my mind and go with dual shocks on the front.
Are the shocks the same part number for the dual kit as the ones I bought? 5100?
Do I just need the other kit and a second set of the same shocks or is everything different?
I really want to get it done this fall/winter after the main part of camping season is done.

By the way the skid system and 25 gallon water tank are a great addition, thanks

Ill try to call you someday next week, have a great weekend...

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
The shocks are different since the 5100's you have are valved for a single setup. For duals you want a lighter valving. Give me a shout & we'll work it out!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Vanasaurus is on the ground! We finished up the rear axle this morning, installed the tranny, t-case, brake lines & steering too. It looks gret and I can't wait to finish it up with some more goodies :)

UJOR 6" lift on 35's.

376423_462687157083851_1523449364_n.jpg

CLynn85

Explorer
Chris, Is the crossover steering a requirement, or is there a "standard" setup that can be pieced together for a more basic install?

Wood Kutter

Observer
Chris, Is the crossover steering a requirement, or is there a "standard" setup that can be pieced together for a more basic install?

The lower , or less of an angle, that your drag link is. The better handling you will have. So in a lot of cases, the high steer is the way to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears