UJOR Build Thread

bkbroiler00

Observer
This is close by. It might be busy on a holiday weekend.
http://cpw.state.co.us/placestogo/parks/Chatfield

Look at National Forests close by. The tourons usually miss the good spots within the forest opting for the more well known national parks. Most national forest, and BLM land for that matter, are dispersed camping and you can usually find great spots.

I think Chatfield will for sure be very busy. Cache la Poudre Canyon and Roosevelt Forest is near me and if people want to trek up thisaway, that'd be sweet :wings:. The town of Estes Park and RMNP is about equidistant from Ft. Collins and Denver. Allenspark and Lyons could be good too for that reason. I'm heading out tomorrow on a mountain bike trip for a week. If a meeting spot hasn't been determined, I can add more of my .02 when I get back. Should be good no matter where we end up. cheers!

350outrage

Adventurer
Hey Chris; if you're wanting to do your meet and greet at a campground, my Daughter-in-law just fwd'd these names of ones that might still have some spaces avail. Some may not be really "Denver area" but it is what it is: Timber Creek; East Fork; Steamboat Springs. Don't know anything about the other 2, but Steamboat is about a 3 hr jaunt from Denver.

Regards,
HDH

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Just an FYI for your DIY GUYS Chris...

If you decide to build your own axle be careful which replacement hubs you pick up. The rear axle pattern adapter I bought for my rig has a 14x1.5 thread pattern on the wheel studs. This matches the thread pattern on the recommended front axles....as long as you use replacement hubs that are meant for a 4 wheel ABS system. My old '92 has ABS in the rear only so I figured why not use the 2wheel ABS hubs, which in the computers are an option for the model year of Superduty my front axle came from. The only problem is these hubs come with a 14x2.0 thread pattern. Basically the former is fine thread and the latter is course thread.

Naturally this wasnt noticed until the unit bearing hubs were installed, the 4x4 selectors installed, rotors on, etc, and everything torqued to spec. Since there is no way I'm pulling it all out and buying a whole new set of hubs and starting over, I'll be running with mismatched lug nuts till these hubs give up the ghost, if it ever happens.

Rats ***.... :/

silvrzuki77

explorer
E350 vegas and ujoint...
I should be done with my van before SEMA. Plus I will sneak over in the fire engine since we are down the street. We should hit some local trails before or after.

ExploringNH

Explorer

If you decide to build your own axle be careful which replacement hubs you pick up. The rear axle pattern adapter I bought for my rig has a 14x1.5 thread pattern on the wheel studs. This matches the thread pattern on the recommended front axles....as long as you use replacement hubs that are meant for a 4 wheel ABS system. My old '92 has ABS in the rear only so I figured why not use the 2wheel ABS hubs, which in the computers are an option for the model year of Superduty my front axle came from. The only problem is these hubs come with a 14x2.0 thread pattern. Basically the former is fine thread and the latter is course thread.

Naturally this wasnt noticed until the unit bearing hubs were installed, the 4x4 selectors installed, rotors on, etc, and everything torqued to spec. Since there is no way I'm pulling it all out and buying a whole new set of hubs and starting over, I'll be running with mismatched lug nuts till these hubs give up the ghost, if it ever happens.

It should be based on year, not 2wd/4wd, at least that is how the Super Duty and Excursions are.

14x1.5 for 2003+
14x2 for 2002-

tgreening

Expedition Leader
It should be based on year, not 2wd/4wd, at least that is how the Super Duty and Excursions are.

14x1.5 for 2003+
14x2 for 2002-

Two wheel drive/four wheel drive wasnt the issue. Two wheel ABS vs Four wheel ABS. Maybe I can state that better. Rea rwheel only ABS vs all wheel ABS.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor

What year is you axle?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Nice 06 SMB arrived yesterday for some upgrades. New springs, shocks, rear bags, wheels/tires and big brake kit are on the list.

10702173_963665816985980_5830585084688938341_n.jpg

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Ok, thats what I set the rear spacers up for. So 14 x 1.5.

Eh? Lost me guy. My rear spacers are 14 x 1.5. I was just letting folks know to be careful when buying replacement unit bearing hubs because mine came with 14 x 2.0 studs, and I didnt notice till everything was assembled, so now I have two different sets of lug nuts to carry around.

Nothing wrong with anything you supplied to me, it's all golden.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
The 03 axle has 14 x 1.5 so thats the way I set up the rear spacers, so they match. Usually guys build the axle back to the specs of that year, you may have been better off getting 03 unit bearings and just cutting the ABS wires off to avoid the different lugs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears