UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Camo van got its wrap!

12227217_1076967795655781_2773755048161222016_n.jpg

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Unless it's a state secret do you mind posting the cost on that wrap? I checked into having the stripe on my Ambo done via a wrap instead of the plasti-dip and when I got the quote I dang near defecated a clay based rectangular building unit.

taylor3633

Observer
I'm gonna drive myself nuts looking at all these pics of Ujoint vans... Just can't (at this time) justify tearing apart a perfectly acceptable Quigley Sportsmobile despite the knowledge of what it would be adding. Someday...

94idi

Intro

Hey everyone, I've been reading for a while, but finally am actually working on my UJOR conversion thanks to Chris' kit.

So far I've got the front spring hangers done, old suspension out, and am working on front axle refreshining (seals and bearings etc) and the rearward front spring shackle holes.

My goal is to have the van rolling (albeit still 2wd) prior to Christmas (18th Dec specifically) so I can use it for the drive home. So here comes my first question:

1. Can I weld the upper shock mounts to the old spring buckets without having the shocks, and before getting the axle mounted, or is that just asking for fitment issues?

I am trying to complete as much as possible that makes sense before I run up and grab the springs and shocks - so i can slam that stuff in quickly.

Any advice from those that have already done this kit?

Or Chris of course - I just know you're fairly busy, so I am going to post my questions here rather than via email to you:)

Thanks all!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I'm gonna drive myself nuts looking at all these pics of Ujoint vans... Just can't (at this time) justify tearing apart a perfectly acceptable Quigley Sportsmobile despite the knowledge of what it would be adding. Someday...

We're finishing up a SMB Q van right now, I'l be posting pics this week and hopefully the owner will have some input on the suspension differences.

1. Can I weld the upper shock mounts to the old spring buckets without having the shocks, and before getting the axle mounted, or is that just asking for fitment issues?

Sure, you can go ahead and weld the upper shock mounts. Just follow the instructions and you're good to go.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Frame mods on AlphaVan?

tgreening, remind us what size lift that is; 6"?

Normal conversion stuff. Hangers, shackle sleeves, dual shock towers, rear skid, cut the x-member. Adding some mounts for the new fuel system too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger