Ultimate 2 car garage

onetraveller

Adventurer
Mine will all fit into a largish two car garage.

1. My DD/Overlander/Offroader 2013 JKU Sahara with about $3000 in mods. If purchased new today about $35k with a bit of negotiating.

Oct Jeep Runs-4.jpg

2. Wife's suv, 2014 Kia Sorento. The base model with all wheel drive and the 4 cylinder. She's very frugal and it's all she wants. Buy them for $25k all day.

3. For the speed fix, 2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Granturismo. 150 hp, 500lbs A lightly modified one holds the current motorcycle record for the Pike's Peak Hill Climb About $22k new MSRP, $20k with good negotiating skills.

May26-1.jpg

Mike

unkamonkey

Explorer
We would have to go to an eight car gararge so I could get all of my vehicles in and have room for the motorcycle and all that wood working stuff. Dreams...

camodog

Adventurer
So this is now the "average new 2 car garage" thread?

Where is the "ultimate" or "dream" in any of this?

Ultimate or dream was a misleading title for some, so use the new guidelines to build your "ultimate or dream" given the cost of new vehicles today plus a little extra. It is just a fun exercise for those of us that can not afford two brand new vehicles. Like buying a lottery ticket, its fun to dream and this doesn't cost you a $1

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
Ok... I'll play.

A new Dodge 5500 Laramie SRW w/ standard bed and a few other bells and whistles on one side
and $25000 worth of fabrication tools, steel and parts to build a fun toy on the other side.

MTSN

Explorer
So this is now the "average new 2 car garage" thread?

Where is the "ultimate" or "dream" in any of this?

Agreed - in terms of a dream car, $80k doesn't come close to touching it. A total of $80k spread across 2 brand new vehicles places both firmly in the average category - not there's anything wrong with that. In fact a buddy of mine just purchased a new Ram 3500 diesel that was close to $70k, and I wouldn't consider that a dream vehicle even though it's close to the cap for 2 cars. It gets you pretty far into the bike world though, so I'd take a Confederate X132 Hellcat Speedster, and a Service Honda 250AFX.

hellcat_speedster_home.jpg

2009250AFXa.jpg

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Some pretty cool toys being shown off here.

We just had 15 cars rummaged through earlier this week and last night one of them was stolen. Very quiet out of the way town and given the number of cars hit and locations it was a group of folks going through the area. Three good friends had their vehicles rummaged all of the cars had the proximity key entry I suspect the crooks are using the signal booster trick to get the cars to unlock. Couple of cases they stole garage door openers and registration paperwork in the vehicles. I suspect they will be back and they did come back last night to steal a car.

Hey guys keep your stuff safe check this out! I just inspected my garage door and it has a wood strip tacked into place across the top edge inside the finished garage which prevents me from getting a hangar wire fed up through the top of the door to pull the release, that and my door lacks windows too. But my neighbor across the street checked his door and we were able to pop his door open in about 20seconds using a coat hangar. He has windows in his door frosted but still gives enough sight to eye ball the hangar position and area above his door inside his garage is not finished and there is a gap to allow us to fish the hanger wire in to pull the release.

Just a friendly ah ha safety tip for the Expedition folks. All thanks to my neighborhood being hit two nights ago by a bunch of crooks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSO_HTBHLFI

MTSN

Explorer
Confederate sources good headlights...

Yes they do - it was actually the first place I noticed the design which was quite a bit before I had my JKUR and paid attention to the aftermarket for them. Of course it had to be my first mod to my Jeep once I bought it.

onetraveller

Adventurer
For a dream bike, I'd take a Ducati Superleggera. 393 lbs wet, 205 + horsepower. $65k new with a one time run of 500 bikes. Although they are starting to show up on the used market for under $60k. The remaining $20k would be used for track time.

Mike

Last edited:

Silvanus

Observer
Groovy thread!!

Not a garage but Motorpool ( think Kwansett hut ), it would house all the tools,lift and gear needed for both!!

1) TJ-L Unlimited
2) Kublewagon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears