Under Armor Tactical Stretch Fit Cap?

irish_11

Explorer
I know this seems like a odd thing to post about, but I have been looking for a baseball cap for those who (how do I put this correctly?) are from areas like Seattle where heat doesn't exist and tend to get a little warm when the temp goes up :sombrero:. I am looking for a baseball style cap with good ventilation. I tired boonie style caps, but I get made fun of for them looking odd on me. I'm a baseball cap guy.

Anyway, I have been looking at the Under Armor Men's Tactical Stretch Fit Cap Friend Or Foe cap. I've read a ton of reviews on it and they seem positive. So here is my two part question. 1. Has anyone here tired this hat, if so what are your thoughts. And 2. (this one is going to seem stupid) I can only seem to find it in stock in black. I am headed to Arches and Moab at the end of the month and am pretty sure I will sweat a ton regardless of the color, but do you think black would be a horrible choice for Arches and Moab? I know that's a simple answer, but I just want to know how much difference it really makes.

Edit* a link might help: http://www.tacticaldistributors.com/men-s-tactical-stretch-fit-cap-4618

Last edited:

RandomAbstract

Adventurer
IMHO, if you are from Seattle and heading towards the sunny Southwest, your ears will fry wearing a baseball cap.

Get a hat designed to protect you and get some new friends :wings:

I use a Stetson straw hat for warm/sunny climates. Something on the order of this but not quite.

271965066_YJenm-M.jpg

I also use a Tilley Airflow hat, especially when it is raining. It is a classy looking hat that will serve you well back in Seattle. I like it better than the Seattle Sombrero. (BTW, I am headed to the Pacific NorthWest in a few weeks.)

LTM8_2_regular.jpg

Both hat are crushable. However, the Tilley is uncrushable whereas the Stetson straw can only be crushed once :(

This looks like a good option, too Outback Breezer Hat

s7_904857_012_01

irish_11

Explorer
Thats kind of what I figured. I've got an old boonie cap around here somewhere that I might have to find. Thanks for the heads up on the other styles though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998