Unemployment ride in Moab

rokklym

One Man Wolfpack
My first trip report on this site!

:bike_rider:

514351426_f35KF-XL.jpg

“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.”
Edward Abbey

4 or us from Wisconsin made the best of our week of unemployment and a week of vacation and headed out to Moab. Our plans led us to arrive on one of the busiest weekends in Moab, the Easter Jeep Safari. The Jeep thing was actually pretty cool and we had a blast. Here are some of my photos.....

We rode Hurrah pass a few times, Kane Creek Canyon, the White Rim, Chicken corners, Lasal Mtn loop and a bunch of other stuff.

514351816_FHtpf-XL.jpg

You want more photos??

rokklym

One Man Wolfpack
OK, I'm not a writer so I'll stick to mainly pics.
The van in warp drive through the Eisenhower tunnel.
514349248_KpTwt-XL.jpg

So after 22 hours of being packed in a van we pull onto hwy 128 to sneak into Moab on the scenic side. The views did not disappoint!

515793736_G4gjT-XL.jpg

515793198_J5WLM-XL.jpg

Once we hit the craziness of Moab, we had to find a place to stay. Just about everything was booked up but we managed to score a site at the Moab Rim campground. We spent most of good friday unloading the bikes (6 of them ) and setting up camp.

It was awful nice to get the heck out of Wisconsin and enjoy some sun!

515778629_p5u9y-XL.jpg

We all felt pretty blah after the drive so we just headed out up Kane Creek to get the cobwebs out and to check out the ancient art.
509202510_HXrHd-XL.jpg

rokklym

One Man Wolfpack
Ok, where next? So we road out to Hurrah pass the first afternoon and we were all pretty much out of it so I thought I'd show the guys around a bit.
515799835_9FqfF-XL.jpg

We went back to town and we went up to Lions back then we decided to check out Potato salad hill since there were alot of vehicles heading out that way. I had never been there and what we found was a huge scene with all kinds of Jeeps and off road vehicle climbing a rocky hill. It was pretty much a big party so we all got out the cameras and prepared for carnage.

This kid was very cocky, but a good driver. Not sure this girls parents would like to see what she was up to!
514204126_P8Zz7-XL.jpg

Is he gonna roll? Nope.
514231025_ywehd-XL.jpg

The coolest thing I saw was this near stock looking Land Cruiser easily crawl up the hill that had many burly rigs spinning and hopping on.
514233457_8kzhE-XL.jpg

Of course, it probably wasn't stock!
514235129_hW6Ys-XL.jpg

I'd like to know what he had done to this vehicle.

This rig might have a tiny bit of articulation!
514273755_mQkHd-XL.jpg

Box Rocket

I won't go to moab during Jeep Safari anymore. Too much of a madhouse with way too many crazies. That Cruiser would have been awesome to watch, showing up a bunch of really built trucks.

Definitely a few things done to that Cruiser but doesn't look like a whole lot. Pretty much it just looks like ~4" of lift, some steel wheels and some 285's (maybe 315's). Most likely one with the factory lockers. Nutty that he still has the factory running boards still on it too. Nice.

Oh and very cool pictures. Good luck with the job search.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
glad ya'll had a good time and did something fun for your time off.

i dont do big off road groups like that anymore because of what those pics look like. was that easter jeep safari? i dont want to make assumptions about anyone i just tend to stick to small groups and friends nowadays.

rokklym

One Man Wolfpack
We were a little concerned about being there during the Jeep Safari since we really don't like crowds, but it was interesting to see once! I hope to get some more pics posted soon, been awful busy the last week. I'm basically copying the report I posted on adv rider. If you want to see that, here is the link.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=456031

I'm hoping to get back into the posting pics soon.

luk4mud

Explorer
We were a little concerned about being there during the Jeep Safari since we really don't like crowds, but it was interesting to see once! I hope to get some more pics posted soon, been awful busy the last week. I'm basically copying the report I posted on adv rider. If you want to see that, here is the link.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=456031

I'm hoping to get back into the posting pics soon.

Just read your report and viewed all the pix over on ADVRider. Wow! Makes me want to tow the DS behind the Jeep and get over there!

Explorer 1

Explorer 1
Wow some pictures

Those pictures were so vivid, was it really that good in real life?

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1 & 2

Ol Yeller

Very nice pics!! :sombrero: I wish I could afford to go somewhere on unemployment. I'm doing good to go to the grocery store. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears