UNICAT Amerigo Ford F550!!

camperman

Observer
Simply browse the site and saw this. They are also convert chassis to 6x6! :Wow1: Holy $*it!
I think UNICAT changed their attitude to Ford. It's great, because Ford f550 is a great chassis to build on. :truck: What you guys think about that?

camperman

Observer
What you think about this?

Notice - model had 6.0 engine. Interested why they don't use 6.7 (EGR/SCR/DPF delete kits and programmers available) Sorry for the bad attitude to enviroment

dzzz

I guess they've notice Earthroamer is busy.

Notice - model had 6.0 engine. Interested why they don't use 6.7 (EGR/SCR/DPF delete kits and programmers available) Sorry for the bad attitude to enviroment

They have probably never built one, so the specs can be anything.

camperman

Observer
:iagree: there are no pictures but there are 3D models, this confirms your words. And one more - I somewhere heard that International MXT is no longer available for civilians. Is that true?

JRhetts

Adventurer
I have seen exactly the same page since 2004. In fact, if you look at the bottom of the page, the most recent update date is 2006. This is old "information."

Furthermore, I do not believe Avi Meyers ever had anything built by Unicat on a Ford chassis, tho I could be wrong about that.

chrismc

Adventurer
To the best of my knowledge (as an enthusiastic observer, no inside knowledge), there were only three Unicat "Amerigos" that ever came out of "Unicat North America":

Avi Meyers' International 7400 (http://unicatamericas.com/en/info/AM205s_I_7400_213_ec_4x4.html)

Charlie Aarons' Unimog U500 (http://unicatamericas.com/en/info/AM193cs_U500_154_rc_4x4.html)

..and the cabover International MXT model (http://www.unicatamericas.com/photos_amerigo_mxt.html). I think this may have been Avi's as well.

Last edited:

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Hey Charlie,

Did I ever mention that I saw your Mog at the Unicat facility when I visited them 5 (?) years ago? Was kind of funny as they also had a 6x6 Mog on the grounds with British Columbia license plates (my new home for almost 10 years). It actually surprised me that one can import and insure a "new" truck here in Canada.

Anyhow, fun times back then ...:ylsmoke:

Hey Charlie,

Did I ever mention that I saw your Mog at the Unicat facility when I visited them 5 (?) years ago? Was kind of funny as they also had a 6x6 Mog on the grounds with British Columbia license plates (my new home for almost 10 years). It actually surprised me that one can import and insure a "new" truck here in Canada.

The 6x6 was the one with the slideout getting refurbished. I saw it too...

Charlie

camperman

Observer
What a ....?

Guys, I feel so stupid :elkgrin: I just yesterday saw a UnicatAmericas site modified by European style and I saw there a Ford f550 yesterday and a dodge today. What is it? maybe it's somehow connected with my location?

JRhetts

Adventurer
Hey Charlie,

Victorian

The 6x6 you saw was likely owned by Max Dichter, of Switzerland. He and his wife drove it about 100K km over Europe, US, Cent and So America. I took a serious look at it when it was parked for sale with Hans Mross, an old time MB mechanic, in Langley BC, just East of Vancouver. [It may still be there.] The house ceiling was way too low and the powerplant too slow/laborious. Max managed to get it legally registered in BC, which the last I heard it still is, but this was during some kind of anomalous window in Canadian regs years ago, and one almost certainly could not pull that off now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears