"Unicorn" - 2013 Mitsubishi Fuso 4x4 Hooklift House/RV/infrastructure

You&Me

2013 Mitsubishi Fuso 4x4 with Ampliroll AL90 Series 13,000lb hooklift. 100,400 miles on truck. Located in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA. The truck is in excellent mechanical condition. Asking price = $83,425.00

"Living off grid is not that difficult, our ancestors did it. Today we are in the third and final energy crisis. Whether fission, fusion, or fossils provide an infinite energy source or not we will transition to decentralized life. Approximately 1.7 billion people live off grid today. The only question is can you?"

Estimated value of the item listed as follows:
-2013 Fuso FG 4x4 = $25k value
-Tire, brakes, transmission, compete service = $10k value
(see actual invoice in 2022, $25k)
-13,000lb hook lift = $10k value (installed value new approx. $30k)
-14' aluminimum flat bed = $10k value (new custorm build approx. $20k)
-14' aluminum dry box = $10k value (new custom build approx. $25k)
-Cameras, immobilizer, Alpine system, 4 truck boxes, diesel gen set = $5k value (paid $15k)
-Unicorness = $13,425.00
Total = $83,425.00
Optional "8x15 cabin w/8' wrap around porch" = $30,000.00
(fully permittable, insurable, conventional loan)

"What is the value of a “one off” item? Often, one of something has no value since there is no comparable but sometimes one of something is priceless..."

The highest use case would be all three pieces in remote Canada. 1) The 14' aluminum dry box as portable infrastructure: water, sewer, power, small vehicle storage, other equipment storage. This would be hauled on the hook truck frame. 2) The 8x15 cabin with optional 8' wrap around porch would be put on a trailer and towed behind the truck. Once on site both pieces would be unloaded and setup. These two together would be "base camp". 3) The 14' aluminum flatbed then could be brought to base camp, rigged as a expedition camper for fast and light exploration trips. You could have a boat inside and launch with hook then set up a more remote camp.

After 6 months in remote Canada....bring it all back home and put back on foundation (building permit, insurance, loan) as guest quarters. There are more than a few options here.... Be sure to click on the two drawings attached to see upfit options.

The following items are included with the truck: 30amp 240v diesel generator mounted on truck frame/4 Aluminum truck boxes from Highway Products. Alpine Halo 9 (iLX-F309) with 2 new cameras/9" screen. Alpine audio with subwoofer and two speakers. Drone Mobile imobilizer, bullbar with spare tire mount.

Attachments

• No-Ma sketch.JPG
    No-Ma sketch.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 2013 Fuso Hooklift RV small.jpg
    2013 Fuso Hooklift RV small.jpg
    626.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 20210318_164437.jpg
    20210318_164437.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 129
  • 20211229_113439.jpg
    20211229_113439.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 120
  • fusoarmadafull size small.jpg
    fusoarmadafull size small.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 116
  • House 22 exterior view.jpg
    House 22 exterior view.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 119
  • 20220624_075955.jpg
    20220624_075955.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 110
  • House 22 bottom of wall detail.jpg
    House 22 bottom of wall detail.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 117
  • fuso fast n light.jpg
    fuso fast n light.jpg
    664.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Reactions: mog

You&Me

Gator 70,

Thanks for breaking the ice. The truck I have listed is a Unicorn...

Price is always a matter of supply/demand including the relative value of the item in question.

I estimate the value of the item listed as follows:
-2013 Fuso FG 4x4 = $20k value
-Cameras, immobilizer, Alpine system, 4 truck boxes, diesel gen set = $5k value (paid $15k)
Total value = $65k

What is the value of one off items. Often one of something has no value since there is no comperable but sometimes one of something is priceless...

Reactions: zip

SuperVan

Forager
Gator 70,

Thanks for breaking the ice. The truck I have listed is a Unicorn...

Price is always a matter of supply/demand including the relative value of the item in question.

I estimate the value of the item listed as follows:
-2013 Fuso FG 4x4 = $20k value
Total value = $65k

What is the value of one off items. Often one of something has no value since there is no comperable but sometimes one of something is priceless...
The clean truck alone is worth $28-35k.

You&Me

Granted the concept is "ambitious" ( saying that won't get me banned will it?), but the price seems kinda fair!

Gosh, there sure are a lot of other people posting rigs up for sale here on ExPo that think they are the only individuals competent enough to research adventure vehicle components, buy them, fit them, & first use them... Then mark their rig up 30% over retail when they try to sell their "dream truck"!

Not a lot of "humilde" here in the for sale section!

The clean truck alone is worth $28-35k.
Thanks. Sounds like I should raise the price $10k.

You&Me

Granted the concept is "ambitious" ( saying that won't get me banned will it?), but the price seems kinda fair!

Gosh, there sure are a lot of other people posting rigs up for sale here on ExPo that think they are the only individuals competent enough to research adventure vehicle components, buy them, fit them, & first use them... Then mark their rig up 30% over retail when they try to sell their "dream truck"!

Not a lot of "humilde" here in the for sale section!
Deleted 183 you are putting it polite...

The Hooklift truck posted is a departure and strictly speaking probably not an "Expedition Rig" in the current sense. The "Expedition Rig", at the margin, has been developed thru incremental change starting from a Winnebego with the "Goal" of a Sir Edmund Hillary like experience.

The concept of this truck is more similar to a phase change than incremental change. I suspect that most members here are GenXers with some late Boomers. I think at some point in the near future GenZers and some Millennials will suddenly become "nomadic".

Carolina4x4

If at any point you turn this into a "conventional" expedition truck, that is, without the innovative hook, shoot me a text. I'm in Chapel Hill - down the road from you. Cheers. 319-541-0774.

nyyankees588

Man. This is a unique concept. At the very least, appreciate you sharing it. Definitely a unicorn... Good luck with the sale!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

You&Me

Man. This is a unique concept. At the very least, appreciate you sharing it. Definitely a unicorn... Good luck with the sale!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Your welcome.

The highest use case, in my opinion, would be all three pieces in remote Canada. 1) The aluminum dry box as infrastructure: water, sewer, power, small vehicle storage, other equipment storage. This would be hauled on the hook truck frame. 2) 8x15 house with optional 8' wrap around porch would be put on a trailer and towed behind the truck. Once on site both pieces would be unloaded and setup. These two together would be "base camp". 3) The aluminum flatbed then could be brought to base camp, rigged as a expedition camper for fast and light exploration trips. You could have a boat inside and launch with hook then set up camp.

After 6 months in remote Canada....bring it all back home and put back on the foundation (building permit, insurance, loan) as a guest quarters.

You&Me

If at any point you turn this into a "conventional" expedition truck, that is, without the innovative hook, shoot me a text. I'm in Chapel Hill - down the road from you. Cheers. 319-541-0774.
I am not sure I understand why you would want to turn "into a conventional expedition truck". This seems to have all of the benefits of a "conventional" with the added bonus of it is potentially many expedition trucks. I am happy to discuss anytime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78