Unimog 1300L Camper for Sale - SOLD

mervifwdc

Adventurer
Hi,

Our 1300L Unimog camper is for sale. We are still using it in Ecuador, and about to cross into Colombia where we hope to sell it. We are flexible in this, and can drive it further South if that is where you want to start your South American adventure.

The truck has an Irish registration and number plate, registered to me. I can let you use my Irish address to get a new registration document in your name.

We are looking for €33,000 for it.

The camper has 330L cold water storage, 35L hot water tank (heated by the engine as you drive, and also by the diesel powered Eberspacher). It has a 60L fridge, and a seperate 40L ENGEL which we use as a deep freeze. 4 gas cooking rings, grill + oven. Fixed double bed at the back (i.e. you do not need to make the bed each night). Seating for 4. Very large windows up very high for great visability when parked up.

The truck is a 1986 model, and has about 120K Kilometers on it. the odometer is broken, but I have pretty detailed records of every days milage and fuel usage so I can pretty much guarentee the mileage is accurate. I do this via GPS.

We are selling the truck with most things still in it, plates, kettle, saucepans etc. Nice set of spares including waterpump, alternators, starter motor, brake pads etc. Basically everything that we carry as spares are staying with the truck. includes tools for changing tyres etc, but not including full tool kit, I might sell that seperately, depending on what you want.

Tyres are good for about 20K Kilometers from now, so it depends on when we sell it as to their condition. We CAN get new tyres for it here in South America if you want.

The truck is pretty good for bad weather/dodgey places camping, when you stop in the evening, you can use the pass through to get in the back, it's got a toilet, shower, electric power (220V, english plugs). The inverter is powerful enough to run a hair dryer (inlcuded!) when the engine is running. Solar panels allow long term parking. We've not plugged into the mains for months at a time, and we often park up for a few days at a time.

We would ideally like to sell in May 2014, but could be flexible by a month or so either way. If someone is serious, we will work out a plan together pretty easily.

Merv.

moglander hubbuk-305.jpgmoglander hubbuk-299.jpgmoglander hubbuk-216.jpgmoglander hubbuk-140.jpg

Last edited:

The Toy Guy

Observer
Nice - interior pics?

Curious if you have any interior pics showing pass through, bunks and seating for 4 ( we are a family of 5, 2 bigs and 3 smalls)

Also - fuel consumption numbers if you have them?

Much appreciate it

Hi,

Our 1300L Unimog camper is for sale. We are still using it in Ecuador, and about to cross into Colombia where we hope to sell it. We are flexible in this, and can drive it further South if that is where you want to start your South American adventure.

The truck has an Irish registration and number plate, registered to me. I can let you use my Irish address to get a new registration document in your name.

We are looking for €33,000 for it.

The camper has 330L cold water storage, 35L hot water tank (heated by the engine as you drive, and also by the diesel powered Eberspacher). It has a 60L fridge, and a seperate 40L ENGEL which we use as a deep freeze. 4 gas cooking rings, grill + oven. Fixed double bed at the back (i.e. you do not need to make the bed each night). Seating for 4. Very large windows up very high for great visability when parked up.

The truck is a 1986 model, and has about 120K Kilometers on it. the odometer is broken, but I have pretty detailed records of every days milage and fuel usage so I can pretty much guarentee the mileage is accurate. I do this via GPS.

We are selling the truck with most things still in it, plates, kettle, saucepans etc. Nice set of spares including waterpump, alternators, starter motor, brake pads etc. Basically everything that we carry as spares are staying with the truck. includes tools for changing tyres etc, but not including full tool kit, I might sell that seperately, depending on what you want.

Tyres are good for about 20K Kilometers from now, so it depends on when we sell it as to their condition. We CAN get new tyres for it here in South America if you want.

The truck is pretty good for bad weather/dodgey places camping, when you stop in the evening, you can use the pass through to get in the back, it's got a toilet, shower, electric power (220V, english plugs). The inverter is powerful enough to run a hair dryer (inlcuded!) when the engine is running. Solar panels allow long term parking. We've not plugged into the mains for months at a time, and we often park up for a few days at a time.

We would ideally like to sell in May 2014, but could be flexible by a month or so either way. If someone is serious, we will work out a plan together pretty easily.

Merv.

View attachment 206582View attachment 206583View attachment 206584View attachment 206585

mervifwdc

Adventurer
Hi Toy guy,

I'll take a few photos today of the pass through, you can see the corner of the door to the front in the 6th photo down on this page: http://moglander.com/the-truck/a-look-inside-moglander/

it's got the rail with the blue towel hanging on it. I would be concerned about travelling with 5, the sleeping / eating part would be fine, BUT: the truck only has seating for 3 up front for driving, and traveling in the back would not be pleasant. The cabin rocks from side to side too much for comfort. It's designed to be flexible and sway as it needs to. We have had people travel back there for a couple of days and it's possible, but not pleasant for long term.

Fuel Consumption: It's about 11mpg (UK gallons), or 24L per 100KM. It runs on any kind of diesel that you can find - older diesel engine. If the fuel is bad (dirty) you have to change the diesel filters more often but other than that it's pretty simple.

Adventure guy:

No heater in the fresh or grey water tank. The fresh water tank is inside, under the seating area which is why it's so high up. It's in the same compartment as the hot water tank which, while insulated, helps make sure that nothing in there freezes too quickly. We have never had the water in the tank freeze, BUT we have had the water in the water pipes freeze, so That is an issue in very extreme conditions. The only place it froze on us was in Bolivia, it happend about 4 nights in a row as we crossed from the Salar de Uyuni to northern Chile. it's up around 4000metres high, and the temps in the mornings outside was about -15C. We used to get up, drive for an hour or so, then all would be well and we would stop and have breakfast. If we left a kettle filled with water sitting on the cooker, it would be fine for the first coffee of the day.

We left the tap of the grey tank open in those conditions, it's outside and would definitely freeze. It is small, about 40 L or so, and we leave it open 80% of the time. We close it when we are parked somewhere "polite" like at someones home, or in a town where I cannot park over a drain.

The Toy Guy

Observer
Thanks

I very much appreciate the pics

Greatly appreciate your comment re: the challenges of riding in the back - makes sense.

Therefore, I better beat the bushes elsewhere and look for a double cab version. This looks like a great option for a couple.

Kind regards -

Cole

Ok, Photos of the pass through.

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

More photos over on the blog, view from the front of the door etc.

Athansinis

Really love your Mog. I'm looking to build or buy something similar in a year or two when I've paid off my debts, but I hope you might answer a few questions.

How tall is it overall? How wide is the camper section?

How much space between the top of the cab and the camper section over the cab and can they come in contact?

Thanks so much.

mervifwdc

Adventurer
Hi,

As to the size of the truck, it's 3.5 metres high, 2.5 metres wide, and 6.5 metres long. There is about 15cm or 6 inches between the cab and the luton (sticky out bit) and they never touch. it does rock, and in fact it has damaged the cyclone air intake (not so much as it maters, but it has touched it). The camper only rocks side to side, not up and down. well, up and down a tiny amount, but it's hard to measure while driving :)

Merv.

mervifwdc

Adventurer
I was hoping that I might find someone who wants to explore South America, and getting this truck at one end of South America would suit them as they would no shipping costs to get here.

However, if you buy it, and cover the ferry and some fuel costs, I'll drive it up to meet you :)

Ruined Adventures

Brenton Cooper
Merv, are you interested in a trade? I've got some ocean-front property in Arizona :sombrero:

Good luck with the sale. Love your mog...sadly we never got to see it in person!

Cheers,
Brenton & Shannon

Last edited:

mervifwdc

Adventurer
If only you had some unicorns running wild, then I might go for it.... :)

Merv.

Merv, are you interested in a trade? I've got some ocean-front property in Arizona :sombrero:

Good luck with the sale. Love your mog...sadly we never got to see it in person!

Cheers,
Brenton & Shannon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears