Unimog camper in the blackhills sd

2wheelbob

Adventurer
Wonder if they're headed to the Yellowstone area? I'll have to keep my eyes open and maybe change my focus from deer hunting to 'unimog spotting'. Cool truck and an even cooler concept.

Bob

Jolly Roger

Adventurer
Yeah, its a great vehicle. The owners are Ingrid and Joerg, a really nice couple from Germany. They parked their vehicle at our place for a few days earlier in the summer when they were passing through BC. They've done a GREAT job on the cabin and Joerg was very accommodating in showing me the set-up and talking me through everything they had done to the Mog & Camper. If they are passing through your area, drop them an email as they are always happy to meet fellow Mog enthusiasts, travellers, etc.

WEEBOB

wonder if they're headed to the yellowstone area? I'll have to keep my eyes open and maybe change my focus from deer hunting to 'unimog spotting'. Cool truck and an even cooler concept.

Bob

he said they were on their way to south america,,,didn't tell me his route from rapid city sd. I was to busy looking at the truck to ask too many questions about their directions,,,he just said he tries to stay off pavement likes to run back roads so they can see the sights that most people don't see,there were a lot of people asking him questions about his travels so i just listened ,,,,,,

2wheelbob

Adventurer
WEEBOB,

Thanks. I just thought if they needed some support (place to crash, cup of coffee, local insider info) we could help them out. I am a big fan of avoiding the crowded main roads and know of some pretty cool sights around here that most folks pass by. I wish them well on their travels.

Peace - Bob

snorkel54

Adventurer
Very cool. I love the interior build description - "In between chaos seized our endeavours and despair spreaded."

WEEBOB

If there is a moderator that thinks this post should be moved to another spot so someone else can enjoy this journey feel free to do so, i'm not too sure if that is good or how to do such,,,my computer skills are lacking in many areas,,,,,,,

lost1

they are a great couple. They stayed with us in Quebec for a few days and then they stayed several days with my folks in BC. They left their mog there for a few weeks for my family to look after while they returned home to Germany for a brief visit. Having their mog at my folks place made it a bit easier to convince my dad that my 1991 1300l doka camper project is the right thing to do. Dad wasnt as shocked when I rolled up to his house last week with my mog after driving 5000 klms across Canada.

Glad to hear that Joerg and Ingrid are making their way through the states. Send them an email and they would be happy to take you up on a visit.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
they are a great couple. They stayed with us in Quebec for a few days and then they stayed several days with my folks in BC. They left their mog there for a few weeks for my family to look after while they returned home to Germany for a brief visit. Having their mog at my folks place made it a bit easier to convince my dad that my 1991 1300l doka camper project is the right thing to do. Dad wasnt as shocked when I rolled up to his house last week with my mog after driving 5000 klms across Canada.

Glad to hear that Joerg and Ingrid are making their way through the states. Send them an email and they would be happy to take you up on a visit.

Good to hear that you made it! Now, it's time for a visit :smiley_drive:

lost1

Ok
I just need to get myself setup here in Duncan before I start picking your brain on overland suppliers/fabricators...

Thanks

Abutuyur

Merry Christmas from Arminius on Tour

Hello to all of you out there, wherever you might be. The crazy folks with that beige beast wish you a wonderful Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. And always an inch of air under the differential.
Ingrid and Joerg, in Ecuador at present, arminius-on-tour.com :elkgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior