Unimog Expedition Vehicle

bombermog

Manufacturer has a chart for what pressure to run at what axle weight and speed. It shows 55mph for the uneducated to avoid problems. At 60-70 mph the front axle was at 70psi and the rear at 85psi per the chart. 40k miles or more easy. At 70 they are louder than at 60mph for sure. Lots of sound deadening material so still easy to carry on a conversation and listen to the radio without having to raise your voice.

J.Johnson

Pretty sure those tired are not rated to 70mph, or even 60mph and they are super noisy and wear fast. Bring lots of spares if you go to South America, 20" tires are unavailable!

The Michelins on this rig are rated for 70 mph. The tires I replaced had weather cracks and were 11 years old with 20,000 miles. They had less than 50% wear on them.

supermoo

Observer
Does the truck have a heating system? What is the construction of the box? Wondering about insulation and use in cold Colorado temperatures. Interested in the truck.

Cas

It’s actually the same ad that was used by the last seller...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.Johnson

Last I saw it was listed as sold in May for $299k
I bought it. I used it for 4,000 miles. Traveled around Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona.
My wife cannot drive it. She is too short to reach the pedals safely. She goes on trips without me when l am not able to go. So she wants to get something that she can drive again.
I made some minor improvements on the truck and now it up for sale again.

Msand

Importer
I bought it. I used it for 4,000 miles. Traveled around Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona.
My wife cannot drive it. She is too short to reach the pedals safely. She goes on trips without me when l am not able to go. So she wants to get something that she can drive again.
I made some minor improvements on the truck and now it up for sale again.

Did you get rid of the plywood steps up to the loft area? I remember the previous owner saying he wanted to do so, but don't know if he did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears