Unimog Import

mxpxer7

My fiancée and I have been researching truck chassis to build a camper box on and after looking at Fuso FGs, NQRs, SK's, we've sort of landed on Unimog.

It's going to be slow for sure but the rig seems to be the most expedition ready without further modifications. It also seems like some of them come with an isolated subframe installed? I could be wrong on this, if anyone knows better please inform me.

The biggest barrier to entry seems to be finding one in the united states...

So I'm writing this post to see if anyone has experience importing a unimog? We're looking mostly in Germany. If you can recommend a company which helped you do it, costs, or just generally things to watch out for in this process it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Adam

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
If you can, go bigger than the 1300L. The 1500 or 1700 have better axles and portals. More horsepower doesn’t hurt either…. Unloaded the 1300 with turbo is ok but with a heavy camper will make slow as molasses.
Subframes can be purchased in Germany through Atlas 4x4 .

Keep in mind the 25 year old import restrictions for the USA.

Blowby

If you are seriously looking at a Unimog,before going offshore I would call Rob Pickering at Terry Lee Enterprises and see what he has in stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior