Unimog or euro cargo

SALLHAMv8

Hello,

I'm still new here, and new in the offroad camper world. Like many under us, I'm just a little boy with his toys.

A Defender 110 is a accomplished childs dream. Next up is a Unimog camper. Meanwhile I learned that between the boys dream and reality some things are obstructing the road. The brains got it from the heart, the 3 kids and wive are major players in live of the older boy.
the unimog Doka, with a living cell for 5 would be a battle ship. Wheelies are to be made on a motorbike! There are other options out there with better value for money. Point is that the complete family enjoys Fathers dream. I understood from this site that many enjoy the offrad camper w/o the star @ the front and the portal axles under the seats.

I hoped to find a Iveco eurocargo (4 by 4), MAN or equivalent. Good idea? Germay is the place to look for?

Thanks for the imput.
J.

Itinerrant

Observer
Hello,

Welcome here, it seems that we are neighbours :).

I hoped to find a Iveco eurocargo (4 by 4), MAN or equivalent. Good idea? Germay is the place to look for?
Good idea, definitely. I opted for a double cab MAN (as you may have seen) and have no regrets so far. Of course I haven't used it a lot yet because the cabin is still under construction but I think we made the right choice. Future will tell.

I found mine in Germany, yes. Of course you have a much larger choice there than in Belgium and it's not far away.

Good luck with your search of the perfect vehicle (which also depends on your planned trips and budget) ! Don't hesitate to keep in touch. :wavey:

mervifwdc

Adventurer
A good review of the options and ideas are here: http://www.xor.org.uk/ and then click on "Campervan". you'll see a mountain of information. What is interesting is that after using a unimog for some years, he has now changed to a "regular" 4x4 truck. So has Bill Caid in the states, who is worth googling as he has a lot of great info.

All that said, I've just bought a mog as the off road aspect of these trips is what I live and breath for.

www.mobile.de is a good place to watch.
Merv.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman