Unimog U4000 doka for sale

gbreden

Hi All

This one is for sale in the UK lovely if you had the money - Estimated at over £80K

Kind regards

Gerard

Attachments

• U4000 Crew Cab photo 27.01.11 (3).jpg
    U4000 Crew Cab photo 27.01.11 (3).jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 299
  • U4000 Crew Cab Spec sheet 27.01.11 (2).jpg
    U4000 Crew Cab Spec sheet 27.01.11 (2).jpg
    54 KB · Views: 145
  • U4000 Crew Cab Spec sheet 27.01.11.jpg
    U4000 Crew Cab Spec sheet 27.01.11.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 115

Hafwit

Adventurer
As exciting as it would be to have that vehicle, we in the U.S. are prohibited from owning it:smileeek:

Somebody across the pond will need to buy it.

Cheers,
Greg

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
I would LOVE to own that... Alas, not gonna happen in the USA. Oh well, one more reason to get out and travel more eh ;)

Cheers

Dave

mogwildRW1

Adventurer
Even if you imported it as a fire truck? No Duty on fire trucks but I suppose the 25yr rule probably still applies.

GlobalMonkey

Adventurer
idea

It depends on what would be the purpose of this truck. If you want to keep it permanently in the US, forget about it. But if you want to build it into an expedition truck and travel the world with it (or at least go down to South America), just have it licensed in the U.K., see the world and sell it afterwords. You can keep it in the US with UK registration for one year, but than it has to leave the country...and eventually come again :).......
Or am I wrong?
Tomas (playing with ideas)

Sodoliki

Unimog U4000 doka

is this truck still available for sale, i live in Tanzania, and do proffesional haunting, looking for such a truck

If you buy it, think about having a MB Unimog dealer in Germany add G20 (working gears) before it leaves Germany. Otherwise your lowest gear will be 9.57 x 6.53 ~ 62.5:1

Charlie

Last edited:

motrjay

I dont understand why these are so expensive (well this one yes as its a custom build) but an ex-utility U1300 can be got for about 5000 euros here in Ireland!

MultiSmog

Not exactly the same vehicle

A mechanical 1300 and a U4000 although very similar looking they are VERY different. The newer version has electronic engine, cleaner, more powerful, CANBUS communications, electronic transmission, EAS capable (Automated transmission). You will get way better fuel mileage, lots of information/programming capabilities, better comfort. "Mechanically" they will be the same to the newbie.

As an analogy it would be like comparing a carburated engine vs an electronic fuel injected gas engine.

Saludos

motrjay

A mechanical 1300 and a U4000 although very similar looking they are VERY different. The newer version has electronic engine, cleaner, more powerful, CANBUS communications, electronic transmission, EAS capable (Automated transmission). You will get way better fuel mileage, lots of information/programming capabilities, better comfort. "Mechanically" they will be the same to the newbie.

As an analogy it would be like comparing a carburated engine vs an electronic fuel injected gas engine.

Saludos

Ahha I didn't realize the 4x00 series was so different to the 1x00 series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior