Unique diesel 4x4 expedition camper

Coachgeo

Explorer
Box on that LMTV must have cost him a pretty penny to have jumped the price up so far above what that truck would have cost from a Govt. Liquidation site in 2016. (anywhere from 4 grand to 8 grand?) Granted maybe a ton of work was done on the truck too?

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
I don't know - honeycomb wall camper boxes on three point mounts usually cost more than what he is asking for the whole truck - especially since he's already added the pass-through opening as well. If its well made then its worth his asking price.

The kevlar paint is a type of bedliner that is suppose to be extra tough. has kevlar fibers in it - seems like a gimmick to me...

HINO SG

Adventurer
Is he saying only 720 miles since new? That's how I read it.

What kind of mileages are normal for surplus LMTVs? What do you get for $8k?

In spite of a few shortcomings, an virtually brand-new LMTV is a lot of truck.

Rebuilder

Builder of Things That Interest Me
Is he saying only 720 miles since new? That's how I read it.

What kind of mileages are normal for surplus LMTVs? What do you get for $8k?

In spite of a few shortcomings, an virtually brand-new LMTV is a lot of truck.

Yep that's most likely 720 miles since new. There's no way to verify it since these trucks tend to get parts taken off and/or swapped out before being auctioned but it's probably accurate. The miles on these can vary a lot but I'd say normal is 4k-10k.

plh

Explorer
Sometimes I can't believe the terrible photos people take for things that are for sale for almost $40K

Coachgeo

Explorer
might have to backtrack a little on thinking it was a bit spendy on price. 4x4 Ambulances of this size are anywhere from near this price to double the price. So hard to say.

Sedonut

Adventurer
When you consider what the government paid, we are back in the legendary days of brand new Jeeps in a crate for $400 after WWII.
An amazing piece of equipment for pennies on the dollar. Not very practical for most uses, but amazing capabilities if you need them. There was a nice flatbed version, no camper, you could have bought on ebay recently for $8000.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
I dont think the price is out of line at all.

Many assume the LMTV can be had for less than 8-10k, but the only way thats happening is some sort of .gov auction.
And with most of those, you really dont know what you are bidding on. Hell, it might not even have a motor!

I see a good running LMTV, up to speed on all maintenance, good rubber, and turn key as a ~20k rig alone.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
I dont think the price is out of line at all.

Many assume the LMTV can be had for less than 8-10k, but the only way thats happening is some sort of .gov auction.
And with most of those, you really dont know what you are bidding on. Hell, it might not even have a motor!

I see a good running LMTV, up to speed on all maintenance, good rubber, and turn key as a ~20k rig alone.

This. I'm seeing 13k on the lowest end outside of the auction sites. On the sites I'm seeing 9k at the lowest. Chip in $2k for shipping plus a three day saga, or white knuckle it for a week long recovery saga and you're home. Still these are the best deals in trucks on the planet right now even at $15k. I'm seeing used up 20 year old Cummins and 7.3 Powerstrokes with 180k miles for the same up here in Utah.

Coachgeo

Explorer
It is sold. Have recommended to the buyer joining this site for getting best info on outfitting the camper portion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears