Upcountry's 07' Tacoma - Weekend Warrior Build - Work In Progress

TACO721

Observer
just kinda went over your build thread. but looks really good man! got about the same truck. just auto and in silver. and no real mods yet. da** money. lol

upcountry

Explorer
Spent the weekend at the Washington Overland Event in Plain, WA. Great event and enjoyed meeting many of the members of this forum. We got out on some mild trails with lots of pinstripping and dusting. Curious how much dirt the snorkel pulled in....i'll check it later this week. Broke my HAM antennae on a branch.

Nitro Gears/Just Differentials may have convinced me to regear and go to a 34" tire. There were lots of great vendors at the event, some good product presentations, and lots of giveaways/raffles!

IMG_20120728_142236.jpg

IMG_20120728_131442.jpg

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
You have a really nice looking truck and was nice getting to talk with you at the rally. Hope to see u next year. And btw, thanks for the post on my thread.

CYi5

Explorer
Forgot how much I liked your rig! How have your fog lights fared being so low? My ARB also is missing fog light holes and a low mount is really my only option to avoid messing up my powdercoat.

upcountry

Explorer
Forgot how much I liked your rig! How have your fog lights fared being so low? My ARB also is missing fog light holes and a low mount is really my only option to avoid messing up my powdercoat.

Lights have been okay, although I will admit I have not been on the road much lately and hacvent really had the opportunity to try to break them off.

The LEDs are bright, far brighter than the stock headlights. The color of the light is way better, too.

upcountry

Explorer
Yeah, I work in downtown Bellevue. Truck barely fits in the garage. I see your in Bellevue as well......

There's a well equipped FJ Cruiser parked over by the Bravern on most days....lots of mud on it too....wonder if they're on the forum?
Saw you cruising through Bellevue I beleive the other day, new I had seen that rig somewhere.

yalex

"The Kid"
Awesome truck. Question about your SPOD setup though-
Did you have to relocate your clutch reservoir to make room for the fuse panel? On my '13 6spd the reservoir is right where the SPOD source mounts and as far as i know, its the same setup for all 6spd 2nd gen Tacomas. I just cant find yours in the pictures you have posted. :(

pwr2lbs

Observer
Haha, I thought I have seen this truck as well. I work on the other side of the 405 at Barrier Porsche. I drive a green first gen, with TJM front bumper. I have been debating between replacing mine with a second gen crew cab to better fit my new family, your truck makes a solid case for picking the 2nd gen! Beautiful truck

upcountry

Explorer
YEP. Rub it in! Had to choose, toys or grad school. Hopefully when done with grad school employment options will lead to lots more toys!!!

Regarding the SPOD and clutch reservior, nope, didnt have to move it, in fact it bolted perfectly into two exisitng threaded holes in the fender wall at the top, I just had to buy two stainless bolts and two nylon spacers to isolate/space it back far enough. the SPOD was a very easy install.

And the other comment about barrier porchse, I had the tint done at Accutint.

Do I miss the truck, hell yes. But I have my eyes on a 200 LC.

For now, i'll have to settle with the 2011 Subaru Forester!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior