URGENT - RV solar panels and sky light (rooftop window)

World Experience

U R G E N T

Hey!

We had a problem shipping our overlander truck from Uruguay to Houston. It was probably transported by the company on top of other truck (inside or outside the port - we don't know yet) and its roof was hit (probably on a bridge). The solar panels and the sky light were torn off and there was damage to the structure as well.We'll start all the process with the insurance, but that might take time.

We need a roof repair service (for the home unit) and also the installation of new solar panels and a new sky light. We are close to Houston and we are urgent to get this job done soon, as our plan was to get the truck and head to Baja California asap.

We would like a suggestion for a company near Houston for this service, one that is efficient and does good work.

Thanks a lot.

Danusa

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
What kind of RV- can you post any pictures? If it's a standard RV a competent RV repair shop should be able to help you out. If it's more of a composite overland build that will change your options some

World Experience

What kind of RV- can you post any pictures? If it's a standard RV a competent RV repair shop should be able to help you out. If it's more of a composite overland build that will change your options some
Thanks for returning. See photos attached (before and after), please.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 41
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-03-21 at 11.41.40.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-03-21 at 11.41.40.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 41
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-03-21 at 11.41.39.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-03-21 at 11.41.39.jpeg
    289.9 KB · Views: 41

ChasingOurTrunks

Sorry to hear that you have had this bad luck.

I'm not sure if this will be helpful but it's something to get you started.

^ Those folks are based in Houston; they do van builds primarily and I've never worked with them, just had their site saved from another project, but they might be able to help or at least will know tradies in the area who have experience in the kind of repair you need to make.

^ That's a vendor of products based out of Houston, but again may be connected to a local network who can help.

^ Another gear vendor, but family owned.

These folks above may be worth making calls to - travellers tend to take care of each other, and while I can't vouch for the quality of the work with the above, while you are waiting for more folks from this global community to chime in, the folks above may be able to connect you to the local Houston community a bit quicker. We'll also throw something up on our Instagram for you folks and if any recommendations come in I'll post them back up.

World Experience

Sorry to hear that you have had this bad luck.

I'm not sure if this will be helpful but it's something to get you started.

^ Those folks are based in Houston; they do van builds primarily and I've never worked with them, just had their site saved from another project, but they might be able to help or at least will know tradies in the area who have experience in the kind of repair you need to make.

^ That's a vendor of products based out of Houston, but again may be connected to a local network who can help.

^ Another gear vendor, but family owned.

These folks above may be worth making calls to - travellers tend to take care of each other, and while I can't vouch for the quality of the work with the above, while you are waiting for more folks from this global community to chime in, the folks above may be able to connect you to the local Houston community a bit quicker. We'll also throw something up on our Instagram for you folks and if any recommendations come in I'll post them back up.
Thank you for your return!
We are trying to deal with the transportation insurance. Our trip was supposed to start on the beginning of March and we are still here. It's been a really hard time for the whole family.
We left the truck at Channelview RV store. They were very recommended. The box part had a total loss. Its unbelievable!

ChasingOurTrunks

Thank you for your return!
We are trying to deal with the transportation insurance. Our trip was supposed to start on the beginning of March and we are still here. It's been a really hard time for the whole family.
We left the truck at Channelview RV store. They were very recommended. The box part had a total loss. Its unbelievable!

I'm very sorry to hear that. As the saying goes - "Adventure starts when things go wrong" so I hope this start to your adventure is just a chapter in an otherwise great story. Good luck on getting things sorted with insurance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online