Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

goin camping

Explorer
After more than 2 years drooling over all the J30's out there I ordered mine on Tuesday. Can hardly wait, my wife and I are planning trips almost daily. Gonna have to retire to take them all.

2014 JKUR

mods to follow AEV:
2 1/2" lift
Premium front bumper
Rear bumper w/ tire carrier

Ezi awn bat or manta (can't decide)
Indel B fridge
Spod
Genesis dual battery

Tires about ready to replace with BFG KO2 34x10.5r17

Congratulations !!

If you enjoy yours a half as much as I enjoy mine. You will never regret getting the top. It has made camp set up and tear down freakishly quick. And the convienance of. "This looks good."being said from the drivers seat and being in bed 10 minutes later is hard to beat at the end of long hard day.

What options did you get?

Needless to say just about anyone here with an Ursa top will be happy to let you explore and learn on theirs. If you ever go through Santa Clarita feel free to stop in. You'll be Ursa certified before you go. :)

cowboybirder

Observer
solid rear glass (both sides), headliner organizer, 12V and dual USB in header and back glass with wiper and defrost.
Standard black top with white pop up should look great with our white JKUR.

Presto88

Adventurer
solid rear glass (both sides), headliner organizer, 12V and dual USB in header and back glass with wiper and defrost.

If I had a white JKUR I would have definitely gone with that color combo! It's gonna look great!

Just get ready to have people constantly asking you about it.....

KellyM

Adventurer

Here are a couple of pics of our very similarly configured White and Black rig up to tide you over. We are happy with the setup and love the ease of setting up and taking down. I recommend the external ladder when there are two of you up top.

DSC00751 (3) (1024x683).jpgDSC00752 (3).jpg

KellyM

Adventurer
Also curious about the ladder... specifically do you do anything to fix it to the roof so it doesn't slide when you try and get on/off of it.

It is a Telesteps 10.5 foot telescoping ladder. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YJLFCQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It has rubber caps at the top that keep it from sliding around when in use. I looked for a long time for something that would easily attach and detach and still collapse for storage with no luck. After more than a year of using this one, I don't think I need one that attaches. I also like that when collapsed, the ladder fits nicely on my interior rack above my fridge.

Presto88

Adventurer
It is a Telesteps 10.5 foot telescoping ladder. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YJLFCQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It has rubber caps at the top that keep it from sliding around when in use. I looked for a long time for something that would easily attach and detach and still collapse for storage with no luck. After more than a year of using this one, I don't think I need one that attaches. I also like that when collapsed, the ladder fits nicely on my interior rack above my fridge.

Thanks. I'm going to check this out.

KellyM

Adventurer
There seems to be a fair amount of J30's in California.

Perhaps a J30 rally in the Mojave in May? Thoughts.

A rally sounds great. I talked to John G. about one a few years ago, but I got too busy to pursue it. Maybe April if in the desert? May in the Mojave sounds a little too warm to me, but maybe early May would work. Post up if you are interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179