Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Just took delivery of #140 last Friday. Will have some pics/thoughts up soon. Saw #s 138 and a few of the early 140s under construction as well.

Did #138 have solar panels on top, and a short ARB awning on the back by chance?

I know mine is built, but I've been very delayed in picking it up. Maybe that's it...

-Dan

aam1023

No, it is not yet assembled. If mine is any comparison, then any add-ons won't be installed until the top is fully assembled and in place on the Jeep. I just saw the white top shell with a sticky note with "#138" on it :)

Last edited:

PTO

PTO
Anyone have one of these in the Denver area I can look in? Wondering if I can get the Minor or need the big habitat for me, the wife and the dog.

Mine is due to ship to Denver on the 20th. You can check it out as soon as I figure out where I am having it shipped and installed. Im gonna call Slee today and see if I can do it there.

aam1023

Anyone have one of these in the Denver area I can look in? Wondering if I can get the Minor or need the big habitat for me, the wife and the dog.

What are the approximate sizes of yourself, your wife, and your dog? Plenty of room for myself (5'7" and 175#) and my wife (5'7" and 120#). Length is not really an issue, but width could be. Thankfully for us, her slimness offsets my girthiness :) I would imagine that a small dog could fit up there with us, but it would be cozy.

MTSN

Explorer
How about Friday after work at Comrade brewing?
7667 East Iliff Avenue, Denver, CO 80231

I can do that. Maybe 6:30 or 7?

I am also going to the Rocky Mountain Overland meetup tonight if that's more convenient.
7p-10p at Odyssey Beerwerks
5535 W 56th Ave #107, Arvada, CO 80002

I can do either/both. I will likely drop by the Overland meetup tonight either way as it sounds pretty cool. We can take this to PMs to avoid cluttering the thread.

cobblecrazy

Adventurer
What are the approximate sizes of yourself, your wife, and your dog? Plenty of room for myself (5'7" and 175#) and my wife (5'7" and 120#). Length is not really an issue, but width could be. Thankfully for us, her slimness offsets my girthiness :) I would imagine that a small dog could fit up there with us, but it would be cozy.
I am about 5'10' 180#, and my wife is 5'7" medium build, and our dog is a German Wirehair - 55#. Although my dog is somewhat of a bed hog, we were all able to sleep comfortably up in the top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78