Used Key Fob's for Discovery 2 for sale here on EXPO

KyleT

Explorer
Super lock has nothing to do with the key fob btw.... I always turn it off whenever I work on one no matter what. It is a pain to get a stuck latch open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No the super lock can be disengaged with the key on the door lock. Unfortunately mine hadn't worked in years. It also disables the handle and interior switch from being able to unlock the doors. The locksmith had to partially destroy the door lock so I could turn it with the key again. I ordered all new locks and now have 4 working remotes.

KyleT

Explorer
That's what I said. You can use the metal key. You don't need the remote.

Have super lock turned off by a competent person with any of the products ie t4, rovacom ect.... It's very easy and stops this issue. It will happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you missed the part about the door lock itself not working. That was where the superlock became a problem. It won't happen again because I'm getting locks that work. As far as disabling the super lock you are right and my Nanocom can do that as well, generally you have to be inside the vehicle for the computer to be of any use though. However it's also a great theft deterrent so I won't be disabling that feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998