Used vehicle help....

fla_cracker

Observer
So I'm having problems trying to decide on a new to me vehicle. I'm no stranger to off road and have had quite a few older vehicles. To make a long story short, here are the parameters I'm looking at in the order of importance.

1. Reliability. It's going to be a DD with my 3 time a week commute of 70 miles one way.

2. Efficiency shooting for close to 20mpg driving in Florida

3. must be able to seat 4. Me, wife 2 teenage boys

4. decent off highway performance. camping, hunting, occasional mild wheeling, towing small trailers <3000lbs

It can be an SUV or 4dr truck.
I have been looking at Tacomas, 4Runners, Xterra, Frontier, F150, ect
Please give me some ideas and little bit about why.

Oh yea, my budget is roughly 15,000 usd

Thanks in advance,

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
4th gen 4runner with the 4.0 would hit all your requirements as long as you weren't driving in heavy city traffic. On flat roads (which is pretty much all you have in FL) I've gotten as high as 22-23. 'Course I was driving like an old lady, so you'd have to learn to tame your right foot. ;) Set the CC at 65mph and let the crazies pass you by, if you do that driving on the freeway 20mpg should be easy.

I'm guessing a 1st gen Tundra or Seqouia might also come close to your 20mpg with the added bonus of a bigger and more powerful engine, better towing capacity, etc.

fla_cracker

Observer
Thank you for your reply Martinjmpr.

I have purchased a 2006 4runner Sport Edition. I can say that I am really impressed with how much truck I purchased. Hopefully after some miles and over time at work, I will be able to start building.

Again Thank you,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior