Useful hitch covers

MOguy

Explorer
It looks like it would bend too easy for anything other than a straight pull. I do think it would be fine as a step or tie down point.

verdesardog

Explorer
Useful? I don't know about that but I like it and it does get a few comments:

DSC_1402.JPG

tienckb

Adventurer
I like it verde. Thanks for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 LX470 expo ready
2008 Ford E350 EB V10 4x4 Sportsmobile PH top
Custom off road trailer

Hnoroian

Observer
1/4"-2x2, 3/16 plate on the front hitch, works great so far...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 45

geo.greg

Observer
I have the beavertail too. love it. great step load things from roof, used as a strap tow point for a 75 mile drag of a broken down honda, and as stated above, provided protection to my rear when someone foot slipped off the brake in rush hour traffic. their front grill mostly gone... i lost a tad bit of power coating. (might be hard to see in photo, but look at the shadow below)

beavertail.jpg

kwill

Observer
I like this angled plate a lot! I wish they had run a little horizontal top edge on the angled piece so it would make a better step.

Hnoroian

Observer
That's pretty much where I got the idea but It was a few scrap pieces I had laying around and started playing so it didn't cost me anything, which is always nice, the next one will be better with a larger push bar and I like the integrated step design to add to it. Maybe tie it into the skid plate I am making for it as well. It is in the front receiver that had gotten filled with muck and got annoying trying to clean it out.

trailscape

Explorer
Been using this one for a couple years. It'll never hold tight if you don't use the matching hitch (shown in photo) rather than the stupid plastic adapter ring.

I love that it doesn't prevent use of the hitch while installed. The paint/coating may fade, chip over time. Don't forget to take it off when offroading.. You'll have that "What was that" moment real fast..

It still provides some reasonable parking lot protection. Can often be found on amazon for under 20 bucks. I haven't seen anything else that still lets you use the hitch ball.

This might be a good option for you:
81uIj-yeSfL._SL1500__zpsq11wffi0.jpg

just throwing this out there, never trust your life or property with a product sold by smittybilt or harbor freight

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater