USMC Military KLR650 (another surplus auction)

18954531.jpg

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=2798879

el_jefe

I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to buy and drive to Texas to pick up. It's not the cost of the gas that gets me, it's the driving across Texas part. :sombrero:

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to buy and drive to Texas to pick up. It's not the cost of the gas that gets me, it's the driving across Texas part. :sombrero:

I understand. I've been told west texas is "God's country" to which I responded, "he can have it." There are few landscapes I have seen that are more uninteresting than the flats of west texas. IMHO.

spencyg

This Space For Rent
I can't tell whether it is the diesel version or not....most likely not. If you can get it for under $1500 I guess it would be worth it, otherwise, they are a dime a dozen and can be acquired a bit more locally. I had a KLR and am somewhat disenchanted with the model....pretty much 1/2 good at everything, but not really good at anything.

Spence

el_jefe

I understand. I've been told west texas is "God's country" to which I responded, "he can have it." There are few landscapes I have seen that are more uninteresting than the flats of west texas. IMHO.

North Dakota and Kansas after about an hour are right up there too.

Ahem, I'm currently (temporarily) unemployed. I'll do it.

Seriously. Send me a PM. I'm a former KLR owner and can get it setup to ride it back.

i can't tell whether it is the diesel version or not....most likely not. If you can get it for under $1500 i guess it would be worth it, otherwise, they are a dime a dozen and can be acquired a bit more locally. I had a klr and am somewhat disenchanted with the model....pretty much 1/2 good at everything, but not really good at anything.

Spence

gas.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I've nothing against Texas, but I do love a good quotation. To wit:

Civil War general Phil Sheridan is famously credited with saying, in 1866 . . .

"If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent Texas and live in Hell.”

TJ Willy

Adventurer
All the Texas hate... shame shame.... :costumed-smiley-007

Actually I am a native of AR and miss the greenery.

On the KLR, they are good bikes for what you get and pay. A little under powered. I opted for a BMW F650 Dakar for my DS bike but this auction intrigues me. Since I sold the BMW, I have been looking for a unique DS bike.

How can you tell? The RPM range is the same, and form what I googled not all of the JP8 versions had the diesel sticker on the side.

Actually, after inspecting and researching more, I cant tell. From what I remembered, I thought the cylinder head was different on the diesel version. My mistake if it isnt gas...
There are quite a few GAS KLR650s in the fleet, especially the older ones.

njtaco

Explorer
Does this part indicate gas or diesel?

(Not being a smart @$$, a diesel wouldn't retain the use of a TB would it?)

18954542.jpg

18954550.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12