UZJ100 built for the long trip south

zimm

Expedition Leader
I have certainly have thought about it but really it is stiff and firm so far, not loaded up yet of course.

Cheers

it'll soften up. it took mine about 6 months with a full load and no swaybars. you'll get heavy fast in one of these. remember, youre 1000 pounds ahead of 60 from the factory. its why i recommended 35's over 33's.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Is your fridge drop not going all the way Down? AFAIK Jerry makes shorter linkage arms to compensate for varying height of drawer systems. I'm loving this build, BTW.

Ya that is the issue. Don't think I have time for ordering different arms before I leave. Elevating it should work fine and I plan to make a small cubby under it as well to not waste space.

I am supposed to be leaving tomorrow but pushing that back a few days. After three 18hr days in a row and many 12-15hr days before that I woke up this morning completely exhausted. Been recharging my batteries all day and am nearly back to normal. Not much left to do on the truck but still have a fair amount of things to do besides the truck.

The 100 has come a long long ways and is nearly there. I put a lot of thought, time and effort into the truck. As well as 3-4 previous builds in the way of experience and what I like or works for me. I am adding hammock pole holders to my front and rear bumpers so I can hang a hammock off the side of my truck. Since I am not sleeping in my truck on this upcoming trip I do not want to be sleeping in a tent when it is raining a lot. So I can hang the hammock under the awning off the side of my truck. The poles for this I attach to my roof rack using a couple quick fists.

Cheers

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Ya that is the issue. Don't think I have time for ordering different arms before I leave. Elevating it should work fine and I plan to make a small cubby under it as well to not waste space.

I am supposed to be leaving tomorrow but pushing that back a few days. After three 18hr days in a row and many 12-15hr days before that I woke up this morning completely exhausted. Been recharging my batteries all day and am nearly back to normal. Not much left to do on the truck but still have a fair amount of things to do besides the truck.

The 100 has come a long long ways and is nearly there. I put a lot of thought, time and effort into the truck. As well as 3-4 previous builds in the way of experience and what I like or works for me. I am adding hammock pole holders to my front and rear bumpers so I can hang a hammock off the side of my truck. Since I am not sleeping in my truck on this upcoming trip I do not want to be sleeping in a tent when it is raining a lot. So I can hang the hammock under the awning off the side of my truck. The poles for this I attach to my roof rack using a couple quick fists.

Cheers

I love the hammock idea. I've seen quite a few variants over the years and each one is impressive. Can't wait till see some photos your rig. Have a safe trip.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
930am to 3am yesterday working on the truck! :eek:

Just got the bolts I needed to mount up my fridge and fridge slide, my fishing rod holder and my Roadshower. Made a mounting bracket for the Roadshower yesterday, ready to bolt it on now. Got my propane tank mount done and on the roof rack as well. Jerry can carrier and ladder are mounted up and done. So is my Front Runner BBQ, that has been sitting in a box since I got home from Baja 2yrs ago!

All I got today besides what I already mentioned is fit the front skid plates, top off my front diff, install some cotter pins in my front end, fit my din cubby bay and install the master switch I just got today from UAE.

I think the truck is then done until I get out of here. In Boise I am installing hammock holders to the bumpers. In Oregon I am getting a new windshield installed and then a load of stuff to do at Valley Hybrids and this truck is a done deal.

Next two days will be finishing up loose ends and I am off! :)

Cheers

Mushin_Noshin

Adventurer
Amazing push to the finish, or should I say the beginning!
I think you are doing what alot of us wish we were!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

This build has me torn between a 100 series and a GX 460. The 100 being much easier to build and purchase.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
What Land Cruiser build would be complete without racing stripes!? ;)

done8.jpg
done5.jpg

Ya that is Monstaliner. Been my plan all along to do the racing stripes! Haha! I slacked though and didn't feel like doing the side accent stripe.

done6.jpg
done7.jpg
done.jpg

My single din head unit all done and an FJ60isk second din cubby. ;)

dash1.jpg

Back end of the truck is all done too. Elevated the fridge and drawers a bit, all is well now.

done1.jpg
done2.jpg
done3.jpg
done4.jpg

That is it for the pics here in Wyoming. Almost time to drive south, well west first, then south! ;)

Cheers

Mushin_Noshin

Adventurer
Would you be doing any type of trips where someone in US could drive to your location?

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
How does one stay in touch with you once you arrive and setup down there?

Honestly, right now that would be my FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/overlandadventuresTLC/?ref=bookmarks

I am also on Instagram,
https://www.instagram.com/ians_overland_adventures/

I will have a new email address and phone number in the coming weeks. I also plan to get a website going, just have not had time yet for the website plus I could use some new pictures for it, from Latin America.

I plan to be in Baja 4-6 weeks, starting in about two weeks. A lot farther south than that and well, it will be a long drive to hook up with me. Probably going to be in Mexico for sometime though, it is a big country with much to see and do.

Cheers

altaboy

Observer
Know you going to be doing a drive-by Dana Point and your time is precocious.

If you need a break, I would buy you a cup of java (or beer) as it would be great to briefly check your rig out for inspiration on my own 100.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior