valley pan gasket?

DividingCreek

Explorer
in my experience if coolant is being caught by the valley pan gasket the leak is usually higher. Check the three inch long piece of hose where the coolant pipes that go down the right side of the engine attach to the pipe coming up from the waterpump. That hose has been the source of leaks on many trucks where guys thought they had blown head gaskets etc. The leak in that hose is usually only a pinhole that leaks when engine is @ full temp.

Angelo...have a look at the heater control valve....at operating temp and with the heater on.

I've replaced mine twice over the years...remind me...'94 or '95???

That little puddle behind the dizzy???? Heck, I've had one there forever :)

KAA

atancreti

Observer
Angelo...have a look at the heater control valve....at operating temp and with the heater on.

I've replaced mine twice over the years...remind me...'94 or '95???

That little puddle behind the dizzy???? Heck, I've had one there forever :)

KAA
Heater control valve? Where is that. I noticed my heater hose that goes from the manifold to the 90 degree elbow that runs along the valve cover is oddly shaped and no longer circular, more like bulgy!!! I did tighten down the hose that runs into the thermostat and it seems to no longer be leaking so MAYBE it was just a loose hose??? Not sure. Oh and BP utah wants me to pay $100 for the radiator to be shipped to me. NO "FROLICKING" WAY I SAY.

RonL

Adventurer
In the first pic, it looks like it is coming from the Thero housing and dripping down.

atancreti

Observer
^^ yes!! Update: It was a couple of loose hoses that are shot. They are oozing out beyond tightening. NOT sure why but the hoses always seem to leak once it gets cold... Thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears