Vandals deface southern Utah red rock with graffiti

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Anyone live in Moab? Lets start a kitty... I will throw in 50 bucks to the pot.. lets catch em'.

durango_60

Explorer
What a shame. I do however find some irony that I'm going to the Cedar Mesa area next weekend to search out graffiti that was created by ancestors of these vandals 100's of years ago.

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
It is a shame, yet ironic at the same time. Very sad that everywhere you go there are usually signs (trash) left by humans.

ijeep_2

Observer
I have to admit that it is usually finding things left behind by the past people who lived or passed through an area before me is a highlight of the trip. I have a hard time imagining people finding graffiti in a hundred years from now as a pleasurable experience.

EricBirk

Adventurer
The rope may damage the tree. Shoot them, I'll supply the bullets. Or better yet, drop them off in remote Alaska somewhere and let nature take it's course.

Gene pool cleansing, my favourite.
Common sense needs to be renamed...

DrMoab

Explorer
100% agree with the last two comments. Certain things should be punishable by death...from the public.

EricBirk

Adventurer
100% agree with the last two comments. Certain things should be punishable by death...from the public.

haha glad I am not the only one.
In this day and age I just dont understand how it can be harder to be legally allowed to drive a car than to have a child...

maXTERRA

Adventurer
Wonder how hard the law would investigate a dead tagger still clutching a spray can in front of his partially finished masterpiece with a bullet in the back? (just sayin')

Damn worthless loser parasites! No room in the world for them!

Mamontof

Explorer
Anyone live in Moab? Lets start a kitty... I will throw in 50 bucks to the pot.. lets catch em'.

Catch that bastard and let them by hands no tools clean a surfaces of stone

Why to ruin ??? To express low cultural ????

Last edited:

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
No, no, no death by beheading and the like. Catch them and have a obsessive compulsive personal trainer off of one of those shows "motivate" them to clean it off, with their bare hands. Long few days. I'll bet it would get the point across.

cruisertoy

Explorer
We were out on the Chicken Corners trail down Cane creek road in Moab a few weeks ago and found spray paint graffiti on the rocks at Hurrah Pass. Tempting to take a trip down again with a compressor and a small sandblaster and clean it off. This was 20 miles out from Moab and these yahoos are tagging. Pretty sad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior