Vario self-build insurance - UK

Arfur's World

Observer
Hi All,

Hope the festive season treated you all well and that 2014 has some great adventures in store :)

Arfur needs his insurance renewed, but the dear chaps I used before are no longer working with the same underwriter, so their quote more than doubled. Anyone have any ideas who may be worth approaching for this base vehicle? Shield are a self-build expert but cannot cover larger than a 3 litre lump.

Any ideas appreciated, can't take him off the farm otherwise >.<

Cheers, Martin

canals1164

Observer
We use NFU for all our insurances, they covered our truck. They did say they may want an engineers report but two years on they haven't asked. They are not the cheapest but the customer service and flexibility the show make up for a small extra premium.

Arfur's World

Observer
Thanks for the responses. I was with Sureterm last year, for just under £300 but apparently the company they were using sold too much for too little, had a bad claim year and effectively put themselves out of business. Therefore the renewal from Sureterm was around £650. Adrian Flux offered me £627 but I finally went with Highway via Insurance Choice for £505. So, not chuffed, but at least we're back on the road ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears