vehicle abominations ...

TeriAnn

Explorer
jeffryscott said:
I came upon the real crime:

It took me a minute to recognize this for what it used to be (3rd Gen 4Runner).

Personally I can appreciate the 1940's look custom car. It looks quite well done to me. Someone went to a lot of effort and cost to pull off the retro lines.

Of course I think of a 4 runner as a general purpose car and not as a dedicated expo rig so I'm sure that influences my thinking.

KG6BWS

Explorer
TeriAnn said:
Personally I can appreciate the 1940's look custom car. It looks quite well done to me. Someone went to a lot of effort and cost to pull off the retro lines.

Of course I think of a 4 runner as a general purpose car and not as a dedicated expo rig so I'm sure that influences my thinking.

while i can appreciate the time and effort on it, it looks like CRAP!!! since this isnt TTORA ill refrain from posting my real feelings about that thing!!!;)

and x6 on the pacer!!!

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Pacer is cool. But some of that other stuff just makes me ask WHY?? But to each their own. Really glad that he doesn't live near me so I never have to see it again.

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
Some people should stick to shovels and brooms, but they'd probably find a way to "customize" vehicles with those too.

MaddBaggins

Explorer
OK the Pacer is bada$$!

Don't have a pic, but back in the 80's I used to see a Porsche 924 jacked up, solid axle 4x4 here in Tucson.

KG6BWS

Explorer
MaddBaggins said:
OK the Pacer is bada$$!

Don't have a pic, but back in the 80's I used to see a Porsche 924 jacked up, solid axle 4x4 here in Tucson.

it breaks my heart...no pic!!!:p

hehe... personally i dont think porsche ever built a car thats worth a ******** to look at anyways, couldnt even imagine one jacked up on a solid axle.

toy_tek

Adventurer
No pic, but I'm sure other AZ peeps have seen that blue Pontiac pickup truck that lives in Jerome. You know, the one that started life as a minivan. I believe this thread would qualify as a second home for that poor... uh... whatever.

Green Ganesha

Adventurer
I really hope I can say this without stepping on any toes, or coming off like a holier-than-thou priss, because that's not my intention.

It's just that there are so many other 4x4 sites where bashing "abominations" seems to be the primary focus ... to the point that I've largely given up reading and contributing.

In contrast, the Expedition Portal vibe is consistently positive, helpful, and collaborative. To me, that's priceless.

That is all.

KG6BWS

Explorer
Green Ganesha said:
I really hope I can say this without stepping on any toes, or coming off like a holier-than-thou priss, because that's not my intention.

It's just that there are so many other 4x4 sites where bashing "abominations" seems to be the primary focus ... to the point that I've largely given up reading and contributing.

In contrast, the Expedition Portal vibe is consistently positive, helpful, and collaborative. To me, that's priceless.

That is all.

i agree. thats one of the reasons i enjoy expo more than ttora, the other one i frequent, and i pretty much have no use for pirate. but, then again, it is kinda fun, on occasion, to bash "abominations".

just as long as it doesnt get out of hand and turn into a pirate-esque kind of thread.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
My abominable effort.

"74 Ford XB Coupe with "73 XY 4x4 running gear.

ry%3D320

KG6BWS

Explorer
whatcharterboat said:
My abominable effort.

"74 Ford XB Coupe with "73 XY 4x4 running gear.

ry%3D320

hehe...yeah i wish i still had pictures of my old 88 ford ranger. lets just say that i could have rented it out for a leading vehicle in mad max.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Awesome Aussie rigs! I would not associate yours with some in this thread.

I am the sort that sees beauty in strange things. Heck, I drive a blown HenryJ. That is an odd little "Batmobile" in stock form.

Many times I see vehicles with "different" techniques for assembly. Maybe not my taste , or could have been done better, but you know they could be expending their energies in way less productive ways. I would much rather see a young person grafting a Camaro front to a Nissan pickup, than making drugs or hanging with a gang.

I hate the politically correct movement, but perhaps the title to this thread could have been "Unique" vehicles. I see some I like. That Pacer is pretty neat, as is the '74 Ford! A Mad Max 4x4! I'd love to have one!

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
I've done random searches for it but haven't found it yet - years ago I saw a '69 or '70 Buick Skylark that had a flying bridge. Sue me if you want to, I thought the setup looked "logical", that's how well the custom work was done.

Meanwhile, I have real problems with this Caddy boat, along with nearly everything else to be seen on darkroastedblend.com (note: a photo-laden site that's slow loading)

Attachments

• cadship.jpg
    cadship.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 70

KG6BWS

Explorer
77blazerchalet said:
I've done random searches for it but haven't found it yet - years ago I saw a '69 or '70 Buick Skylark that had a flying bridge. Sue me if you want to, I thought the setup looked "logical", that's how well the custom work was done.

Meanwhile, I have real problems with this Caddy boat, along with nearly everything else to be seen on darkroastedblend.com (note: a photo-laden site that's slow loading)

hehehe...thats just so wrong on so many levels!!!!!

:confused: :yikes: :smileeek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior