Verdict on the WK2

How are the feelings on the WK2? Nothing too serious as I live in suburbia, but still would be gunning for a mild overland build. I've also considered the Cherokee Trailhawk, but it won't be till 2017 that they offer HID's ( sorry, I like to see the road a bit farther down ). This would also be something that'd be a daily driver on pavement for at least 70% of the time.

kmlacroix

Explorer
It is a very good platform. I had the Overland diesel. Great off road. Not a rock crawler. Did fine at the Easter Jeep Safari. I traded mine in because I needed a bit more cargo space when there is more than just me, and the dogs, in it. I got 18-19 mpg off road. The air suspension works as intended. Tire size is limited to 32.5" dia. It is heavy. Smaller turn radius than a JKU. Some aftermarket support (Gobi Racks, Chief Products, OME for non air suspension, Icon) Rock sliders from Mopar, Cargo/Dog separator from Mopar.

I would buy it again.

MrWesson

Adventurer
Honest opinion.

Extremely capable rig bone stock(especially quadradrive) i'd never want scratches on. I wheel an LR3 which one could say the same thing about but the WK2 is pretty vs the rugged looks of the LR3.

I mean i'd feel comfortable pulling up the the valet with mud on my LR3 but feel like on a WK2 they'd look at you funny.

As a former Grand Cherokee owner i'd pass on one as an overland platform and not because of fanboy BS but they simply don't have the cargo space(or didn't).

Also I think they went to air suspension so that will be a limiting factor on tire size same as on the LR3 but once you wheel a rig with air suspension its hard to go back to coils.

If I were to replace my LR3 a WK2 would be way up the list.

Jason911

Adventurer
Have Limited Diesel with coils. 70,000 miles on it. Zero problems to date, 28mpg highway if you keep it @ 70 or less + it can pull 7200lbs. Just the right size for 4 people, interior storage is a little lacking.

Terex

Adventurer
I have a '14 Overland Diesel. No problems at about 30k mi. I'm about to add Mopar rock rails and Goodyear Duratrac tires for better off-road capability. I tow a 3,000 lb off-road capable trailer with it. Perfect vehicle to fit in garage, drive to work, drive around the Four Corners area to scenic locations and get to remote spots for camping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998