Very frustrated, need your help please!

Yellowkayak

Adventurer
I've got a 2007.5 (new body style) Chevy Crewcab 2WD, and I can't find any rear bumpers that I can haul gas cans and other items on it. Looking for aftermarket rear bumpers and front winch bumpers for my truck...I can find alot of stuff for 2500 HD, but not 1500 Crew Cab. I do ahve a front and rear trailer hitch on my truck, so i don't know if that would interfer with putting on an aftermarket offraod bumper. Any links of campanies that actually seel something for my year truck?

Thanks!

JJ

4x4x4doors

Explorer
Check with Tactical Armor Group or a local fabrication shop.

(Less than full endorsement: Tactical Armor appears to be the same products that were previously known as Kennesaw Mountain Accessories. My personal experience with KMA is that the product was good, solid and well-made. It appeared this way when it came off the truck, it was confirmed with the way it fit and how it has held up over the past couple of years. The frustration factor in trying to get answers or schedules in the time between placing the order and actually receiving the product was rather high. I don't know if the same personnel, management or practices still are associated with these products. YMMV).

ExpoMike

Aluminess lists a front bumper and rear for your truck in their price list. They make a great product (used on Sportsmobiles for years) and being out of aluminum, they are much lighter but just as strong as a steel version. Downside is price. Actually I have found that to be a downside for any full size bumpers. They all seem to be in the $1500-$2500 range, depending on options.

http://www.aluminess.com/trucks.htm

My issue outside of price, has been everything I am finding is styled like it's for a Zombie Apocolypse, huge looking and not flowing with the lines very well. That has been the frustrating part for me.

colodak

Adventurer
Check with Tactical Armor Group or a local fabrication shop.

(Less than full endorsement: Tactical Armor appears to be the same products that were previously known as Kennesaw Mountain Accessories. My personal experience with KMA is that the product was good, solid and well-made. It appeared this way when it came off the truck, it was confirmed with the way it fit and how it has held up over the past couple of years. The frustration factor in trying to get answers or schedules in the time between placing the order and actually receiving the product was rather high. I don't know if the same personnel, management or practices still are associated with these products. YMMV).

Yep, Tactical Armor previously was called Kennesaw Mtn. Acc. Those of us Dodge Dakota/Durango owners are familiar with them as they are one of the only places that make bumpers for us. From what I've heard, quality is top notch, but communication and customer service not so much, the people on the phone can range from flat out rude to just not really interested.

WildBill

Observer
Nfab. Warn makes their own winch bumper. Ranchhand. I've mounted tons of stuff wench ready on the front of a 1500 07+. might also contact Mac at blitzkrieg motor sports. They make some cool bumpers! As far as the rear the only thing I can say for that is buy something like a replacement and mod it for what you want. BMS also made a out if this world safari truck with a custom rear bumper done exactly how you want yours.
a6cd09d4-c89f-7e74.jpg
a6cd09d4-c8b6-4987.jpg

You can find many of the build for that truck on DezertSilverados.com. Click on the photos and video section. 07+ trucks thread. Then scroll down. It's in there. Along with about 5 others they have built

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears