Very Rare 1973 Alaskan FG (Fiberglass) 10ft. Popup Camper.

Yes that's right FIBERGLASS.
They were produced in limited numbers for only two years along side their popular Aluminum over wood framed versions that started in the 1950's!

***Located in Northern California (north east of Chico)***

They are much more aerodynamic then the original flat faced/flat sided aluminum version. Are lighter with bigger windows & 3 cool skylights (not so dark & "cave" like) AND three roof vents for greater ventilation

It Raises & it Lowers with a Hydraulic pump.

All original condition with sink, stove & refrigerator, clothing drawer, closet & vanity.

Has a really cool 70's era fake wood decal-ed interior ceiling with high gloss finish, superb!
Use it as it is with or restore it to your own liking!

Will make an awesome expedition rig or a great space while hunting/camping. You can even sleep in it while in down position for stealth camping in the city!
It does not need registration as it is a camper, just lower it on your truck & go.

$3750.00 or trade for???
Please "Call" Michael (I don't text) 408-482-6800 Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_1511.jpg
    IMG_1511.jpg
    567.4 KB · Views: 633
  • IMG_1502 (2).jpg
    IMG_1502 (2).jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 573
  • IMG_1506.jpg
    IMG_1506.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 828
  • IMG_1501.jpg
    IMG_1501.jpg
    526.7 KB · Views: 1,714
Last edited:

Carlabelle

Hey, all. Don't know if anyone will see the reply to this thread, but this same camper is back up for sale. I bought a truck that didn't work out and am now truckless, so I need to sell this baby, even though everyone tells me how rare and special it is. Who wants to be the lucky owner?

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
What was the problem?
Was it with the fit (old trucks with wider beds vs.newer ones with narrower beds)?
If so.....why not give potential buyers with trucks that won’t work a heads up before they get too excited about this camper?

AKworld

My Alaska camper from late 80's leaked mosquito's ironically. Just something to consider when using them in buggy areas.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
My Alaska camper from late 80's leaked mosquito's ironically. Just something to consider when using them in buggy areas.

Where do you think they were getting in?

Geeze, if mosquitoes could get in, the tinier no-see-ums would be even more horrible !

Last edited:

AKworld

Refrigerator area and around the seal that allows the top to go up and down. It was in good shape as was the gasket. Spoke to Alaska Campers and they admitted such. They are nice except for this caveat . Hopefully some of the engineers on this site might have an answer to this phenomena. I thought I would simply drape a mosquito net over the whole camper. I sold mine because up here in Alaska having a camper that does not keep our mosquitoes is problematic.

AKworld

givemethewillys

Jonathan Chouinard
That thing is awesome. If I was still at Beale AFB, I'd be on my way to buy it from you. I'm a long way from there now though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger