Vibram Five Fingers

Five Fingers...Thumbs up or Thumbs down?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sempertoy

Explorer
I just thought that I would throw my 2 cents in there. For as long as I can remember (not that long I guess, I'm 24) My feet and knees would always ache. After adding highschool contact sports to that (football and rugby) my lower back joined in on the pain. Right before I joined the Marine Corps, I was diagnosed with flat feet and that is what the pain was attributed to. So after spending 7 months in boots while in Afghanistan I saw an add for these and the customer reviews on REI said they helped people with flat feet. I ordered a pair to camp leatherneck AF and now 6 months later I still wear them everyday. They are great for running, weight lifting, swimming and just about any other physical activity you can think about. They do take some getting used to and I would recommend NOT running in them the first time you wear them. Trust me on this. So over all I would recommend these shoes to EVERYONE, especially those who have flat feet or knee and back pain.

nkybrad

I have 2 pairs, one pair to work out in and the other for just wearing out and around town. I absolutely love them and people always ask about them. I have convinced so many people to buy a pair and have heard nothing buy great comments from those who did. I would recommend them to anyone. I am a big guy (6'4" 270lbs) and they are honestly one of the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever owned. They do take some getting used to, but after a month of wearing them and they "break in" you will be nothing but happy with them.

NXN

I own a pair and love them. But I think, considering the age of this thread that it should be pointed out that Vibram has listened to people in so far as issues with the shoe's appropriateness for various activities and have addressed those issues through an ever expanding model line-up. I dare say that some of the problems that were suggested early on in this thread have been minimized or erased through the well thought out new or updated VFF designs. The addition of the lacing system is one of the best additions and now they offer models specifically geared towards hiking and expedition travel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998