Vibration dampening tips for mounting heavy objects?

Haraald

Observer
I have a water heater and TV that I need to mount to my vehicle, that aren't necessarily built for the road. Any tips for how to incorporate vibration damping into the mount? All I can think of are rubber washers, which might not be enough...

Zeiderman

Adventurer
Check out isolator feet for air compressors, Lowe's for sure sells them.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Haraald

Observer
^Thanks, I can't tell what product to buy though. I need to do a vertical mount of my water heater which has those two metal tabs shown below sticking out at the top and bottom of the unit. Do I just buy 2 of these:

2NNZ9_AS01

and then put them between the water heater and the mounting wall?

37786n5-shower.jpg

another_mike

Adventurer
Personally, unless the item itself is vibrating and youre looking to isolate it from transferring through to the body/chassis.. i'd rigidly mount it. I find isolators usually just make an item vibrate worse, like a dashboard hula girl bouncing around at the smallest bump.

Wilbah

Adventurer
Maybe have a storage place for the water heater that protects it and have quick connects for the water supply lines. When you get where you're going mount it/hang it on a bracket for use? Might be a better way that permanent mounting? But not sure the application so my idea may be stoopid. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12