Vids of me Rock Crawling in FL

pitpok4x4

This is the closest to Rocks that you will find in FL. Can not compare with those who live out west but fun non the less.
Backyard Bash:

This is a event that a local 4x4club puts on everyyear in FL. It is in the stages of building before the actual event. Here is some of us test out the different courses. I am in the green tacoma for the 1st 2min and the only other FLTTORA member there today was the SAS 4runner (broke his driveshaft). Enjoy!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5437801188803778748

pitpok4x4

Finally, Thanks for the reply....I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone enjoyed a good wheeling vid. I know that it is not expledition type of wheeling but non the less...Offroad.
I am slowly getting involved with expedition type travels but with being in college and working 40hrs I dont have the time.
Thanks again for the complement.

PS. What mods do you have with your truck.

tacoma_AL

Adventurer
i used to do the same thing you did when new neighborhoods were being built and still do when they let me and some friends. they put all there busted rock piles and stuff to one side and as long as we stayed out of the formans hair and disrupt his operation he would let us ride for free and we got to roam back up were they cleared the land but wouldn't start workin on it for a long time. it was a lot of fun.
nice truck and video, looks like you had some good ground clearence.

pitpok4x4

Reaper....Ya I was in Low. I am new to the 4x4 world so this could of been lack of driver experience. I am trying to learn as much and as fast as possible but with the lack of wheeling in FL i dont have many chances to go out. If there is any advice on "crawling"then please dont hold back. I am still learning from the pros.

tacoma_AL

Adventurer
pitpok4x4 said:
Reaper....Ya I was in Low. I am new to the 4x4 world so this could of been lack of driver experience. I am trying to learn as much and as fast as possible but with the lack of wheeling in FL i dont have many chances to go out. If there is any advice on "crawling"then please dont hold back. I am still learning from the pros.

if your big into rockcrawling a major thing is THROTTLE CONTROL and being able to feel how your rig is working. You need to be able to tell when the front CV's are binding up espically with a locker so you don't have to repair them on the trail. a locker and some skid armor from budbuilt with some sliders and good bumpers with lots of approach and departure angle. be prepared for a little rockrash. hope that helped a little. oh yea you might want a twin stick to.

Freezer

Observer
pitpok4x4 said:
Finally, Thanks for the reply....I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone enjoyed a good wheeling vid. I know that it is not expledition type of wheeling but non the less...Offroad.
I am slowly getting involved with expedition type travels but with being in college and working 40hrs I dont have the time.
Thanks again for the complement.

PS. What mods do you have with your truck.

Welcome!

In addition to my sig, just an ARB locker in the rear and a snorkel.

What size tires are you running?

pitpok4x4

Nullifier...
First I just want to say that I LOVE what you do with your truck...I have been following the build from some time and has given me much asperation. Ok with that being said...I actually have been to "apit" and "bpit" with the TTORA crew. Neil being my spotter. I hope that I can wheel with you one day.

PS. If I heard right...You run a kayaking business...If that rumor is true I need to talk to you. Very soon I will be buying a kayak for my GF and I. I am looking for something to do some fishing and just paddling around in the intercoastal waters. I am on a budget (still in college). Without trying it out, I think that the caper angler is what I need. I could use some advice. Thanks a million and hope to meet you on the trails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle