Vinyl flooring and Chinese diesel heaters

Roktman

Hi GUYS, building out a 7 x 12 V- nose cargo trailer I don’t seem to find too many specs on luxury vinyl floors cork back temperature ratings , one manufacturer said 55 to 95° which sounds a little ridiculous probably just trying to cover themselves but who knows ,my camper will be pretty well insulated and I’m just wondering how a good quality vinyl floating floor will hold up I could experience temperatures from 28 to 100° , i’m thinking I wanna run the floor leaving expansion gaps around the perimeter and put my cabinetry on top of that ,not secured to the floor but the walls it’s not a big area so I don’t think movement would be huge, but given the temperature extremes? Now diesel heaters I’m going to put mine 5 kW in the v nose section of the trailer. I’m wondering about diesel smell if installed properly ,should I put some sort of outside tank piping into the unit or is this not a problem and also the plastic tank that comes with it is it garbage or should I immediately Get a separate tank , thanks much

MogsAndDogs

Sorry, no experience with the floor. I do have a diesel heater and I can't see how you could avoid diesel smell if the tank is inside. Even if you could bulletproof the piping/tank somehow, you would have to fill it at some point which is always less than perfect.

highwest

I can’t help with the floors, but we had a diesel tank that was filled inside and never had issues with smell. Get a very high quality tank (not the ones that come with the Chinese units), stay away from jerry cans, only fill your tank at the pump, and be very diligent to not drip anywhere. If you can fill/vent outside, like a marine system, it would be 100%.

simple

Adventurer
I ordered a butter shaped plastic tank and am mounting it between the frame rails at the front of the trailer in the little triangular area. The tank is supposed to be mounted lower than the heater.

dtruzinski

Explorer
On flooring, I have used commercial-grade linoleum, tile, and carpet on previous builds. My current build has a coin flooring product from RecPro.com coin floor from recpro.com. It is the best product I have ever used. No seams to leak, durable, non-slip-ish, and when clean, it is just stunning.

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
This is a really nice kit for converting a scepter MFC into a fuel tank:

Fly fisherman

Hi GUYS, building out a 7 x 12 V- nose cargo trailer I don’t seem to find too many specs on luxury vinyl floors cork back temperature ratings , one manufacturer said 55 to 95° which sounds a little ridiculous probably just trying to cover themselves but who knows ,my camper will be pretty well insulated and I’m just wondering how a good quality vinyl floating floor will hold up I could experience temperatures from 28 to 100° , i’m thinking I wanna run the floor leaving expansion gaps around the perimeter and put my cabinetry on top of that ,not secured to the floor but the walls it’s not a big area so I don’t think movement would be huge, but given the temperature extremes? Now diesel heaters I’m going to put mine 5 kW in the v nose section of the trailer. I’m wondering about diesel smell if installed properly ,should I put some sort of outside tank piping into the unit or is this not a problem and also the plastic tank that comes with it is it garbage or should I immediately Get a separate tank , thanks much
I have vinyl plank flooring from Lowes in my camper. Been in there a little over a year. The outlet on my diesel heater is 3” above the floor. No damage to floor an all. The camper spent 6 weeks in Jan and Feb in Ouray, CO during ice climbing season. Ran almost nonstop during my stay. I would even rotate heater outlet down to heat my can of Dinty Moore stew.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online