Voltage Regulation Issues on 1995 G2

4AFK

Observer
So first question is, "does anyone know where a private dude can get access to the circuit diagram for the electrics in this truck?" I've looked, my mechanic has access to something like this, but can't or wont share. I'd like to take a crack at diagnosing the problem, but really need to know what I'm looking at first.

The problems is that when there is a load put on the electrical system there is a voltage drop. I've recently replaced the started relay and this seems to have stopped the rig from dying when I break at stop lights, but often the stereo will turn off and the headlights will dim or blink out. Turn signals can produce similar problems. The worst part is that it only happens sometimes :violent-smiley-031:

Any idea what I might be missing?

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
G2? I assume 2nd gen 4Runner from your avatar.

The dealer sells factory service manuals. Same ones as the mechanics have, it's not some super top state secret. Thing is, that mechanic had to pay for them and so why should he let you just use them and not pay him for work?

Anyway, you can find most of the Toyota truck FSMs at TTORA: http://www.ncttora.com/FSM/ They have a 1990-1995 4Runner manual.

4AFK

Observer
He's got some networked manual that he's using as a reference. It wasn't that he minded the help, but rather couldn't let me see it. I'll buy the manaual, thanks for pointing out where to get it (not a mechanic here).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan