Vuck time!!!!!!!!

B-Excurgin

So, I have one Ujoint 6" DIY 4x4 under my belt and I am ready for another. The first one is my family hauler and beach goer. And I love it. But for work it is little to tall to be practical. So whats a guy to do????? copy Chris at Ujoint and build a van truck or vuck.

After a couple months of trying to find a cutaway with a 7.3 I found what I thought was a great platform to start with. A 97 7.3 51k mile former ambo. It already had the cab back on it and fresh paint. (I later found a bigger cab back and will use that instead of the 8"). So I called Chris up and told him I wanted to go with the 4" kit and boom we are in business.

WELLLLLLL. after prepping the frame for the front brackets I found some rot on the frame and decided let's get wild and pull the cab and motor to properly deal with the issue and clean the frame up.

SO here is where we stand cab off. motor out time to make the frame look pretty and run new lines.

The plan:
- 4" Ujoint kit Axles ave 435 gears so should pull nice
- 35" on 16"
- fiberglass fenders https://www.advfiberglass.com/collections/ford/econoline?sort_by=manual
- 24" cut back with round creeper side window
- m105 military bed
- Some kind of bed liner paint job
- 5spd swap??????? I mean the cab is off and it would awesome.
- Look cool and answer questions about it everywhere I go!!!!!!

Stay tuned

IMG_6239.jpeg
56657827069__14D33A8F-8D93-46A5-B3C3-34D20631CAF8.jpeg
56668202587__AD2E2DDC-743F-4C3A-9B01-E52072225B63.jpegIMG_6628.jpeg

eporter

Adventurer
Subscribed! Those cab backs are a cool product. Should look amazing with the M105 bed on there. Does it line up well w/ the existing axle placement and cab back?

Great shop, too.

djbonsu

Adventurer
Cool project with a low-mile 7.3! may I ask why arent you going the full 6"? I think you are going to want that travel also, while the motor is out, may want to consider adding things like e-fuel (not sure if '97 had mechanical fuel or e-fuel pump), Frx, Hpx and a few other upgrades to keeping running strong and hopefully leak free.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
‘97 has a mechanical pump. At a minimum id replace it, the soft fuel lines, the fuel filter & bowl O-rings, and GPR, while the cab is off.

B-Excurgin

Cool project with a low-mile 7.3! may I ask why arent you going the full 6"? I think you are going to want that travel also, while the motor is out, may want to consider adding things like e-fuel (not sure if '97 had mechanical fuel or e-fuel pump), Frx, Hpx and a few other upgrades to keeping running strong and hopefully leak free.
I did a 6"before and just thought it was bit to tall to tow all the time like I do. I have a buddy who is the head machine at ford so he just order me a bunch of parts Im not sure yet what. And I just dropped the fuel tank and took of the break and fuel lines to re run them.

IMG_4968.JPG
here is my first love 6" or 35" studded and deleted.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
An ambulance with a 7.3 is a lot of fun... I can only imagine what it’d be like to loose the weight of the box off the back. I’ve got about 6000 lbs on those rear wheels. I’m sure 4K+ of that must be the box.

I’ll be watching also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998