VW Touareg V6 Diesel Overland Build thread

casioqv

Dr. Diesel
Do you have a link for the spare tire carrier

Sure, here it is: link

I only paid $97 for it, the price seems to fluctuate, but it seems good quality and simple. I also got the "hitch tightener clamp" shown in "frequently bought together."

casioqv

Dr. Diesel
Watching because my new neighbor has an '09 V6 diesel like yours and I love it. Makes me want to find one. Anyway he's running LT265/70r18's (32.6) and has all the options. He claims however that he has the front locker option which as mentioned here and elsewhere doesn't exist except in aftermarket and I know he didn't add it. I'm 100% sure he's used the rear, center, and low range, and probably thinks he's used the front. Anyway, I now have Touareg envy so will be looking.
Yeah, I doubt it... they never sold these with the rear diff lock either, but it can be retrofit from a V10. Possibly some confusion with VW calling their computer traction control system "Electronic Differential Lock" or EDL. The EDL system is so effective that I'm not sure a front locker would have any benefit except for rock crawling.

ATL322

Thanks! Surprised to see someone on here that knows what an M15 is. I loved that boat and had a lot of great adventures over a decade, but just sold it and got a Sage 17, which I guess is pretty similar.
What a beauty! I am recently divorced and have room for toys now. Funny how that works but man gotta have toys

Thanks! Surprised to see someone on here that knows what an M15 is. I loved that boat and had a lot of great adventures over a decade, but just sold it and got a Sage 17, which I guess is pretty similar.
I keep looking for another Monty. I should probably search for a 12’, but the 15’ still holds a place in my heart.

casioqv

Dr. Diesel
I keep looking for another Monty. I should probably search for a 12’, but the 15’ still holds a place in my heart.
Good luck! They are hard to find, but if you're willing to travel anywhere there is almost always one available... If you join both the e-mail list, and the "Montgomery Sailboats" facebook group, and say you are looking, you can get ahold of people that are thinking about selling but haven't yet. On the e-mail list someone was giving away a free M12 a few days ago, but I'm sure it's gone by now.

M boats are the perfect "Expedition Boat" to go with an Overlander, because they are small, light, and tough enough to be trailered offroad to remote places, yet still suitable for week long backpacking style sailing trips.

Sage 17 behind the Touareg:
IMG_1178(1).JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior