Waeco 110

jdholder

Explorer
Ok, so got a strange one here.

I have a Waeco 110 (yes, a big one!) that EVEN when it is turned OFF, continues to cool uncontrollably. It only stops when the inside reaches -17f. Needless to say, it's a constant and consistent deep freeze.

Got any ideas as to why? Or how to fix it? Waeco USA support is a joke, with just about ever "servicing dealer" not knowing what the heck I am talking about when I call them and tell them they are listed as servicing dealers.

Oh and by the way, this is a second hand fridge that has worked fine for a year and now just all of a sudden doesn't.

Clark White

Explorer
I have some ideas, but let me find a wiring diagram and I'll tell you exactly where to look.

Clark

EDIT: Apparently a wiring diagram for the CR-110 is rather hard to come by:I can't find one! I would check your thermostat first, that would almost have to be it since it does eventually shut off. Kind of curious that the switch doesn't shut it off though. Sounds like a short at the switch too, but that wouldn't explain it's shutting off at -17 unless there is an emergency switch somewhere in there that will kill it if it gets too cold.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
While the servicing dealers might not be any help on the phone, any competient 12V/RV refrigeration shop should have zero problem sorting it out and diagnosing the problem. I'm going to go with a faulty switch, while I can see a thermostat causing the uncontrollable deep freeze, why is it even running when "off"?

Caveat: I've never been inside a Waeco so I have no clue how they are wired.

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
Got any ideas as to why? Or how to fix it? Waeco USA support is a joke, with just about ever "servicing dealer" not knowing what the heck I am talking about when I call them and tell them they are listed as servicing dealers.

Some US owners have got parts from Waeco in Australia and were happy with the service.

The Waeco brand is quite big here( I have 2 waecos:D )

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Waecos also have a emergency run switch to bypass the thermo electronics and force it to run continuosly if needed. Take a look to be sure you just didn't bump that switch to the emergency run position.

jdholder

Explorer
Tucson,

THANKS!! When I was moving it around, I must have hit that switch - or the guy that built my cabinet for the 110 must have moved it -

It's all fixed! I wish I had the destruction manual - I'm sure that's in there, but I bought this one second hand and don't have it.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Tucson,

THANKS!! When I was moving it around, I must have hit that switch - or the guy that built my cabinet for the 110 must have moved it -

It's all fixed! I wish I had the destruction manual - I'm sure that's in there, but I bought this one second hand and don't have it.

Sweet! Glad I could help. :)

jdholder

Explorer
Unfortunately that is the manual for the new 110. I have an older version that doesn't have that control panel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78