Wagonofdoom - 2015 Outback build

FLoffroad1

Observer
You can get it for a lot less than $200 at SubaruOnlineParts:
19mm Kit ~$100
20mm Kit ~$90

I just got my 19mm bar and bushings from them earlier in the week (shipped within a week or so). I'm just waiting on some Kartboy endlinks now. Not necessarily required, but the stock endlinks just look like a joke.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
:shrug: i dont use a rear sway lol. so i never looked into it

so got a bunch of stuff ready to go in.
Doing my lower control arm and trailing arm swap today
Small LEDs im going to put into the rear cargo area to light up the car at night. Biggest complaint i had when camping
Wire up a fuse box in the rear and wire in the fridge
Panel with 2 USB ports, 12v port, and voltage meter in the rear

busy day :)

Should put out a few videos also with some explanations and jazz for hte site

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
got a good amount done today.

Installed 5 LED pods in the rear hatch cover to illuminate the rear. a switch to turn them on and off
Panel with 2 usb ports, volt and 12v port
started wiring up the blue sea fuse box. Slowly but surely getting all the crappy parts taken care of. i hate wiring.

JStodd555

I'd love to see a write up on the LED pods and cargo area juice! I've had this very same idea on my 'to do' list for a while now.

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
Great video! It's always nice when guinea pigs find the weak points for vehicles and they archive their findings for the next person. Nice work on beefing them up.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
So boys and girls. Is there anything youd like to know more in detail of the build? Im working on a few videos, and am taking suggestions/requests about what to focus on. Thoughts?

JStodd555

I just watched the cargo area treatment. Nice setup. Would you, by chance have any night shots of the tailgate LEDs?

I've only been holding off with my version because I already have an idea in my head of how much light I want. I'd hate to go through it all and be left wanting more.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
well, the cool thing is it is super easy to add more. BUT, if I remember tonight ill do a shot at a set exposure with the rear dome light on, and then another with the LEDs on and try and get as close to actual exposure approximation I can

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Nice work Fresh
That narrow section at the outer end of the lower control arm is a spot I was wondering about after poking around down there a couple of years ago on my 2010 which is set up the same way. Does seem like a flexy weak point where it narrows down. After seeing your video I'm going to go out and eye ball mine see if there are any signs of it deforming. We do carry a sizable load on a regular basis with the trailer and I could see that spot being a possible weak point.

Thanks for sharing!

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
One note on the "flexy weak point" on the arms - that's sort of the designed-in failure point. It would be very easy to beef that portion up, but then you run the risk of just moving the failure point farther up or into something actually on the unibody.

Not to say that it couldn't be a bit stronger, but be wary of just moving the problem "upstream" to something harder to fix or more expensive to replace if/when it bends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12