Warn Winch and ARB Bumper Compatibility Question

Mako1114

Adventurer
Just checking to see if anyone knows if a Warn 9.5cti or XD9000i winch will fit directly into an ARB Deluxe bar for full size truck (Nissan Titan)? I have contacted ARB, however they referred to the winch fitment on the ARB website which includes the 16.5Ti, M15000, 12.0XE, M12000. Both 9.5cti and XD9000i winches have the same bolt pattern (10.0" x 4.5") and are dimensionally similar to the heavy duty winches, therefore it would make sense that they would fit? However, I am uncertain if the Warn 9.5cti or XD9000i can mount in the ARB in a vertical attitude? I'm thinking an M12000 would be overkill on a Titan; it would seem that all of the DNR and Police trucks in my area including F250s use the XD9000i. I suppose I could also look into mounting a VR10000 which is a great deal cheaper than aforementioned winches. Any advice or insights would be appreciated.

ETA: I got a great deal on a Warn M12000 so topic is moot.

Cheers

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Better late than never. My office manager happens to have the ARB bar on his Titan so I took a quick look. Like many ARB bars, the winch mounts feet forward, so any type of 'i' integrated setup wouldn't be appropriate, even if it physically fit. They are not sealed to run on their back, etc... not to say it isn't done on occasion, just isn't ideal nor recommended.

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
We use the formula:

Gross Vehicle Weight Rating x 1.5 = Minimum pulling capacity

Assuming the GVWR for the Titan is 7,200 lbs, that'd equal 10,800 lbs. You could likely get away with a 10,000 lb. winch, but you could step up to a 12,000 if you like.

As cruiseroutfit mentioned, none of the winches with an integrated control housing will work. ARB's recommendations would be fine. Additionally, a VR10000 or VR12000 may also work, although the clutch handle is on the opposite side of the winches ARB recommended, so you'd have to see if you have access to the clutch handle with their bumper and a VR-series winch.

- Andy

Mako1114

Adventurer
Thanks for the responses guys...I appreciate the advice. I am glad that I picked up the M12000; it seems to get a lot of positive reviews and feedback.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998