WARNING LAMP

part time nomad

Adventurer
I have a warning lamp on the dash board of my Vario 814da,
It is the orange light bulb failure warning! I have changed the rear lamps and side markers to LED so I assume that the resistance value needs to be reset.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

jostein

Adventurer
Add a resistor to each side, had the same problem. I installed them in the rear light housings, where there are plenty of space (I have complete led tail lamps).

part time nomad

Adventurer
Thanks Jostein, I had thought of doing that, as I have for the indicators, but does it still show up if a light goes out?

I will try to speak to Mercedes, as I know you can reset the resistance on MAN trucks so maybe on Mercs too!

Squiddlydiddly

I have the same problem and I have LED top roof lights fore and aft as well as marker lights. In total I'd have to fit 20 resistors and there is no room to fit them anyway.

I am seriously considering either removing the warning light or putting a patch over it to stop the glare :)

part time nomad

Adventurer
I have spoken to a guy at Mercedes and he said that you can not reset the ECU on the older vehicles.

you can fit a resister on both side lamp circuits, one on each side! he recommended fitting one each side behind the head lamp.

This will put the warning lamp out, but it will not function as it should, letting you know that there is a faulty lamp.

It is possible however to calculate the exact resistance required to make it function!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears