Wasatch Cruisers - Colorado (Part2) Poughkeepsie Gulch

LilKJ

Adventurer
Oh I thought these were from this last summer.... that's why I was confused. I thought maybe Forestry had changed their mind or something....

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Funny you would post these now. Greg and I were just chatting about the 'incident' at the CM Pre-Run last month. Great pics as usual Adam.

Box Rocket

Funny you would post these now. Greg and I were just chatting about the 'incident' at the CM Pre-Run last month. Great pics as usual Adam.

Yeah, he's done a nice job rebuilding his 4Runner. I know it's got a whole new body, but you'd never have any idea he'd had an 'incident' like this.

Box Rocket

Can someone explain what happened? Which line were they trying?

He was trying the righthand line (rocky ledged section you can see in the early rollover pics). It was a roll to the driverside that went onto the side then onto the roof and that was it. There had been a little rain the night before and the trail was somewhat wet. It really wasn't that big of a deal, but just one of those things where the front end just slipped sideways a little and dropped off a rock and sent it over. Honestly, not much he could have done differently. Greg had a minor knock on the head, but was otherwise ok. We had a trained EMT in the group with his med kit that was on him like white on rice before he even got his seatbelt off. There was a nice team effort to get the truck turned back over and the plugs pulled and cleaned of oil in the cylinders. The recovery happened while the driver was getting thoroughly checked out by the EMT. Probably something like 15 min from the time it rolled to when we had it back and ready to hit the trail some more. That included hi-lifting the roof back into "normal" position.

So other than maybe a bruised ego and a badly 'bruised' truck, I would call it a very successful recovery. Unfortunate that it happened but it's bound to happen now and then if you get out and play.

CanuckMariner/Nomad

Love having fun 😊 in the 🌞 by the ⛵ and the ⏳
Hope no one was hurt!

Brings back memories of when Randy and I were in the area...loved it!

Kool SWB 70 series as well! Thanks!

Poorboyota26

Adventurer
I love it! I remember looking out the window when I was 4 and asking my Dad if we were going "down that?" (black bear pass) 77 Chev 1/2 ton longbed, I miss that truck.

Viggen

Just here...
All Im seeing are bandwidth exceeded squares. I wish I could see the pictures. Colorado wheeling scenes through your lens would be amazing to see. You take great pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman