Washing Your Expo Vehicle - Recommendations?

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I use Blue Coral Wash n Wax.

Never use dishwashing detergent, it will strip your wax off.

Then I try to keep my truck waxed with a good quality wax. When it's all waxed up good, a good rain is all I need to wash the dust off after a trip to the desert.

It's concentrated. So one bottle like this could last for 100 washes.
PRO_e_WWCs.jpg

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
I use the sprinkler method to get the under body really well then I run it through the automated wash unless there is a bikini car wash going on. I clean the engine off after each oil change with a good soaking of Simple Green and the high pressure hose.

Dave

Last edited:

MaddBaggins

Explorer
Once or twice a year I pull the garden hose over to the driveway. I use a bucket of water and dish soap with a rag.

Otherwise, I wait for the rain to wash it down.

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
Wash it? What does that mean? This is a new term for me.

Just kidding ;)
Every 2 or 3 years I get a bucket of warm water and some washing up liquid and have a go at it.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
My concern is only with spreading invasive plant seeds..
So I will attack it with the power washer to get mud/dirt off and they let it sun dry.
Since I live in the desert I try to use the least amount of water & park the truck in the front yard so the desert landscaping gets the water instead of the street

Something

Adventurer
So I will attack it with the power washer to get mud/dirt off and they let it sun dry.
Since I live in the desert I try to use the least amount of water & park the truck in the front yard so the desert landscaping gets the water instead of the street

hippie!
:ylsmoke:

mcm4090

Explorer
What about people with snorkels?
During the winter months their is a lot of salt on the roads. I usually run my truck through one of those automatic car washes at a gas station to remove the salt the has build up on my truck. I have a snorkel that I need to install and would like to know what others do during the cooler months.

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
It rained here today, so mine got a washing or did it:snorkel::smiley_drive:
maybe it's top washed/ bottom road grim:yikes::peepwall::hehe:

Zorro

Adventurer
Truck seldom gets cleaned ... usually a bit of powerwashing does the trick. Or a 4$ carwash. I don't want to see the scratches and rust ...:coffeedrink:

If it's the car, it's more fancy once in spring and once in fall.
Good rinsing.
Cleaning with car soap and 2 buckets. And an old mitt for the wheels.
Clay the car.
Polish.
Wax.
Takes forever but it's kinda worth it.

IH8RDS

Explorer
Once or twice a year I pull the garden hose over to the driveway. I use a bucket of water and dish soap with a rag.

Otherwise, I wait for the rain to wash it down.

That's what I do. I think I waxed it once when I first bought it new.

Co-opski

Expedition Leader

Good on you Lance.

I wash mine in the coin opp bay ever few weeks in the winter if it is going to be above 15* F, locks start freezing bad if I'm not careful. Summer the glacial silt is everywhere, but not as harmful as the road salt, so once a month.

762X39

Explorer
I may be a bit of a hard A&% regarding invasive species and stuff but then I also get profesional help to wash my mog.

Attachments

• National%204WD%20open%20house%202007%20%28Medium%29[1].JPG
    National%204WD%20open%20house%202007%20%28Medium%29[1].JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 59

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior