Washington Backcountry Discovery Route (WABDR) Map and Expedition DVD

Scott Brady

Founder
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Washington Backcountry Discovery Route (WABDR) Map and Expedition DVD

Seattle, WA - (February 21, 2011) With summer quickly approaching, it's time to start planning your motorcycle adventures for 2011. Touratech-USA has the perfect way to get you inspired for one of the best new rides of the year, offering a waterproof route map from Butler Motorcycle Maps, and an expedition documentary DVD from Noren Films of the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route.

The Washington Backcountry Discovery Route is a scenic route across Washington State from Oregon to Canada through the Cascade Mountain Range. The 600-mile route follows a connection of mostly unpaved backroads that can be ridden on dual-sport and adventure motorcycles.

“Washington has so many different landscapes you can ride through in a single day. The sights, smells and geology you feel beneath your tires changes by the hour as you experience the broad array of surroundings. If you are willing to venture beyond the asphalt, this is the best way to get to know the state of Washington.”

-Paul Guillien, General Manager, Touratech-USA

Butler Maps WABDR Waterproof Map Part # BM-WABDR Retail: $14.95
WABDR Expedition Documentary DVD Part # 091-0210 Retail $24.95

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I've got mine, too. Sad to say, but the support for the WABDR shames the Oregon Back Country Discovery Route. The WABDR looks like something you could actually do; the outdated and incomplete information for the OBCDR has kept me from doing it, figuring it was more an exercise in GPS reading and alternative route finding. Maybe more of an adventure, though.

Please, Touratech . . . adopt Oregon next. :)

Byways

Adventurer
Backcountry Discovery Routes

The BDRs are totally suitable to SUVs, PUs and etc., and are just what we're all looking for. I've driven most of the Washington and Utah routes in 4Runners and Land Cruisers. (That said, there's much chatter about washouts and bypasses in Washington.) Folks behind the initiative are adventure-motorcycling enthusiasts, but we all use the same roads and share the same spirit, so perhaps one day they'll broaden their marketing outreach.

Touratech, Butler Maps et al are currently working on Colorado and Arizona. Feeling at Touratech is that the OBDR belongs to the Oregon Off-Highway Vehicle Association, so TT is leaving it to them.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Feeling at Touratech is that the OBDR belongs to the Oregon Off-Highway Vehicle Association, so TT is leaving it to them.
Thanks for that information, Tony. I'm pleased to have that explained.

BTW, I'm sorry not to have offered a more timely personal greeting to the Portal. I'm sure I speak for many in appreciating you sharing your extensive knowledge and background with us. I, for one, might not even be in this "vocation" if it hadn't been for your books.

irish_11

Explorer
Now I really have to run this route this summer. I've been reading up on it for a few months and trying to talk some co-workers into it. Thanks for the heads up on the map!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears